Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-05-2009, 01:37 AM   #31
KindleMan
Enthusiast
KindleMan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Still going!

The Main Reading Room, Third Floor of the Stephan A. Schwarzman Library at 5th Ave and 42nd Street, New York City. (I think this is the location of the beginning scenes of the movie Ghostbusters) BTW a very cool place to read a book!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0173.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	681.5 KB
ID:	27128  
KindleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:53 AM   #32
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleMan View Post

The Main Reading Room, Third Floor of the Stephan A. Schwarzman Library at 5th Ave and 42nd Street, New York City. (I think this is the location of the beginning scenes of the movie Ghostbusters) BTW a very cool place to read a book!
I don't have a kindle, but I'm loving this thread! I also really really want to go read at that library! I love the movie Ghostbusters.....

Keep going! I keep looking for new pics....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #33
nascarrunner71
nascarrunner71 began at the beginning.

Device: K1, K2, DX, iPad
I live in St. Louis, Missouri (yes, the gateway city. No, I've never been up in the Arch). I travel for a living (like Kindle Man, I think). Pictures coming soon.
nascarrunner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:00 PM   #34
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
I used to live near St. Louis and I never went up in the Arch, either. Frankly, the Arch is a marvel of engineering but also pretty boring. We did stretch out a super-long Dr. Who scarf undearneath it, though.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:11 AM   #35
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
How many continents have we covered?
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #36
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I just added Portsmouth England and London to my list.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #37
Shenzhov
Enthusiast
Shenzhov began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I'm in Southern California near San Diego. Just replaced my Kindle 1 this past week with a Kindle 2.
Sunny Southern California with a Kindle 2. Life is good.
Shenzhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:03 AM   #38
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't have a Kindle, but I'm posting on behalf of someone who I don't know and who doesn't know me, but was passing through my town. I was watching "Noosa"-tagged photos come through Flickr, and today the following one came through:

[Click on photo for link to Flickr]

"Sean reading his kindle at Noosa Beach"

Apparently an American(?) couple, doing a bit of world-travel.

Anyway, 'twas a surprise to me to have this Kindle pop up in Noosa and outside of MR, and, naturally, I thought of this thread. If Sean or Brandy end up being members here, or already are, well "G'day".

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #39
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleMan View Post
One guess where my Kindle was when this picture taken!

KindleMan!
I used to live right about where you were standing with your Kindle.

My heart and soul and my Kindle's heart and soul are in Paris.

My body and my Kindle's body are in NW FL.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #40
Kitten320
Kitten320 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle2
Thumbs up Kindling Kitten in Michigan

This K2 lover hails from Algonac, MI

Tweet me....kitten320

I'd love to hear about your favorite books .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Cyn 52 K2.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	556.2 KB
ID:	27723  
Kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #41
pvtbeto
pvtbeto began at the beginning.

Cherry Point, NC

In a secure mobile facility. . . ssshhh. . . .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	27779  
pvtbeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:41 AM   #42
KindleMan
Enthusiast
KindleMan began at the beginning.

Outstanding pvtbeto!
KindleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:13 AM   #43
pvtbeto
pvtbeto began at the beginning.

LOL thanks!
pvtbeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #44
Ravenlocke
Ravenlocke is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
Seagrove Beach Florida. Though I actually don't like taking my kindle to the beach as I am paranoid something bad will happen to it! lol This photo is sunset over the lake I live on...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	seagrove.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	28018  
Ravenlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #45
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
wow, that's a gorgeous sunset ravenlocke !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote