Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #31
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
Not available internationally
Define 'internationally'? I just grabbed the lot from the Netherlands.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #32
odo
Connoisseur
odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Two ebooks by K.J. Bishop free on Amazon:

The Etched City: http://www.amazon.com/Etched-City-K-...dp/B00AP8E4D6/
That Book Your Mad Ancestor Wrote: http://www.amazon.com/That-Book-Your.../dp/1482349485
Advert
Old 11-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #33
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Air3 & Palma, Scribe & Paperwhite, Eclipsa 2e, & Libra 2, Ipads
The link you have to "The Etched City" shows it now as unavailable. There's another link for the book, which now lists it as $9.99.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #34
odo
Connoisseur
odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
The link you have to "The Etched City" shows it now as unavailable. There's another link for the book, which now lists it as $9.99.
Maybe it's not available internationally. It works for me from Spain.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
A reminder that no self-published books are permitted in this thread.

Thank you.
Advert
Old 11-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #36
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Thanks, I had one of these (I think 2012) but under my wrong B&N account (I inadvertently have two accounts with Nook books on them, but B&N won't let me merge them). Enjoyed a few stories from it earlier this year.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #37
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A reminder that no self-published books are permitted in this thread.

Thank you.
The link to that particular edition of "The Etched City" may link to a self-published one, but the novel was previosly released by a publishing house. See here.

Last edited by slex; 11-08-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #38
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
Not available internationally
I got them in Australia (from Kobo).

However, for some reason a bunch of the epubs downloaded as zip files. Had to change the extension...
Old 11-09-2013, 12:29 AM   #39
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMorris View Post
I tried to get these from Barnes and Noble just to save the effort of converting the Amazon ones, but their web site does not want to let me. I'm signed in, but each time I click on the download button it asks me to sign in again.

Just me?
Try either clearing your cache or another browser. Sometimes B&N's popup has problems, I've found.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:59 AM   #40
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Try either clearing your cache or another browser. Sometimes B&N's popup has problems, I've found.
I hate that popup when on a mobile device. Sometimes it just refuses to work.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:15 AM   #41
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Christopher Priest's 1974 novel The Inverted World is $2.99 at Amazon and B&N.

The city is winched along tracks through a devastated land full of hostile tribes. Rails must be freshly laid ahead of the city and carefully removed in its wake. Rivers and mountains present nearly insurmountable challenges to the ingenuity of the city’s engineers. But if the city does not move, it will fall farther and farther behind the “optimum” into the crushing gravitational field that has transformed life on Earth. The only alternative to progress is death.

The secret directorate that governs the city makes sure that its inhabitants know nothing of this. Raised in common in crèches, nurtured on synthetic food, prevented above all from venturing outside the closed circuit of the city, they are carefully sheltered from the dire necessities that have come to define human existence. And yet the city is in crisis. The people are growing restive, the population is dwindling, and the rulers know that, for all their efforts, slowly but surely the city is slipping ever farther behind the optimum.

Helward Mann is a member of the city’s elite. Better than anyone, he knows how tenuous is the city’s continued existence. But the world—he is about to discover—is infinitely stranger than the strange world he believes he knows so well.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:19 AM   #42
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Define 'internationally'? I just grabbed the lot from the Netherlands.
I don't define it. Kobo does. I just got this message on their book page. Actually, the message is "This content is not available internationally." I tried it from Bolivia.

Last edited by pietvo; 11-09-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #43
Mironsch
Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Mini
All the listed Tor.com stories are also contained in the (64 MB!) five-year collection that's available for free at

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/07/dow...dotcom-stories

You have to register for the download, though. As far as I know there are no country restrictions.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #44
Werepuppy
Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Werepuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3
Witch Wraith - Terry Brooks
Book 3 of The Dark Legacy of Shannara - £0.49

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Witch-Wraith...3999045&sr=1-1

Blood of Dragons - Robin Hobb
Book 4 of the Rain Wild Chronicles - £0.49

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-Dragon...3997926&sr=1-1

The Complete Soldier Son Trilogy - Robin Hobb
(Shaman's Crossing, Forest Mage, Renegade's Magic) - £0.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Sol...3997926&sr=1-2
Old 11-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #45
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I got them in Australia (from Kobo).

However, for some reason a bunch of the epubs downloaded as zip files. Had to change the extension...
Yeah, happened to me too.
Closed Thread