Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #31
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
free at Amazon.com:
Employee Development: Big Business Results on a Small Business Budget by Ted Kirchharr
Quote:
Numerous studies have confirmed what most employers and managers already know; - an investment in the professional development of employees increases employee satisfaction and retention. What may not be as obvious is the important role low cost, self- implemented programs can play in the development of your employees. Our company has been nationally recognized five times as one of the best small businesses to work for. Let us share with you some of the lessons we've learned.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0052N9WSQ?tag=discounter-20
Old 06-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #32
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

free at Amazon.com:
Unicorn Bait by S.A. Hunter
Quote:
Naomi accidentally goes to another planet thanks to a unicorn horn. Unfortunately, the horn doesn't come with her. She doesn't know how to get home, but that's not her biggest problem. That would be her brand new husband, and he's kind of scary. Her only hope is a crazy witch who knows something about catching unicorns. Which would be fine and dandy except, it's the crazy witch who introduced her to her husband. And then RAN OFF. She's going to get her for that.

Unicorn Bait is a fun romp through a magical world filled with adventure, humor, and a little naughtiness.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004UWU9IM?tag=discounter-20
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #33
greencat
Freebie finder

free at Amazon.com:
Einstein's Shutter by Vincent Yanez
Quote:
“I circled the shutter. I was trying to visualize the most efficient way to pick it up and carry it away, appearing nonchalant all the while, as if shutter-carting were a normal, natural, everyday kind of thing. Then I heard a noise. To my left, twenty feet away, the neighbor had come out of his house and was standing on his porch. He was wearing a worn-down peach-colored robe and was holding, what I could only assume, was a lukewarm cup of instant coffee.

He was facing Einstein’s house, facing me, while I eyed my wooden bounty. I did a slow orbit around the shutter, like a vulture does over a piece of road kill, making sure no other vehicles would be barreling down the road so he can enjoy his newfound dinner. I was intent on getting this shutter. This was my find, my artifact, my road kill!

The neighbor watched me. I turned to him and nodded, he nodded back. I stood still. He remained where he was. Hanna watched from the sidewalk. The minutes passed by.
Evening slowly arrived. The neighbor sipped from his mug. The wind picked up and I remained too stubborn to leave, too fearful to bend down and grab the shutter, too stupid to think of anything else. Hanna cleared her throat and finally, reluctantly, I admitted defeat and joined her on the sidewalk.

It was a Sunday, in August, 2001. I never really thought about Einstein’s shutter after that day.

A month later the Twin Towers fell, eight months after that Ben died and slowly my life began to unravel.

I know it’s an idiot notion to think that something as unimportant as my stealing Einstein’s shutter, committing property theft, has some sort of profound effect on how the world works. What it did make me realize though, is that day, that afternoon of contemplating taking Einstein’s shutter, signified the last thing I could remember being both upsetting and unimportant. It had made me think that life was somehow unfair, but in a subtle and somehow frivolous way. The next few years showed me what true humility and pain really was.”

Einstein’s Shutter is a whirlwind journey into a decade of one man’s life, in New York City, during what turns out to be one of the most horrific times in U.S. History. It’s also a story about redemption, reincarnation and ultimately it is a story of the power of the human spirit in a man, and a city, finding the strength they need to rise again after the attack on 9/11.
Einstein’s Shutter is also a comedy, a romance novel and ultimately a memoir of one life, amongst millions, in the greatest city in the world.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002EENKJI?tag=discounter-20
Old 06-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #34
greencat
Freebie finder

free at Amazon.com:
Sonant by A. Sparrow
Quote:
Something strange lurks in a bell jar in the music room of wealthy eccentric, Aaron Levine, feeding on the sounds his mercenaries create. Bassist Aerie Walker, lured back into performance after a failed odyssey in professional jazz, finds herself involved with this band of musical alchemists as a Deliverance Ministry attempts to exorcize the demons perceived to dwell in Aaron's abode
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0052BP8DG?tag=discounter-20
Old 06-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #35
greencat
Freebie finder

free at Amazon.com:
The Boy Who Drew in the Mud, and other parables by Zachary Harper
Quote:
A collection of short parables and poems, each with a purpose to purvey an overarching moral. For those who love Aesop's Fables and Grimm's Fairy Tales, these original stories continue the aged tradition of meaningful stories for both the young and old.

From the titular story on a young boy with a strange artistic outpouring to short poems about the nature of man to fables on morality and goodness, The Boy Who Drew In The Mud will speak to your heart no matter who you are.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005204EWS?tag=discounter-20
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #36
greencat
Freebie finder

free at Amazon.com:
Independence Day, Book One: The Beginnings by Bex Aaron
Quote:
“Something is wrong with this town…”

On the surface, Haven Park seemed to be the perfect picture of Americana. Nestled in the heart of Wyoming, its 517 residents were close knit, hard working and God fearing people. The city had never known major scandal, and the last violent crime committed was over ten years ago. Normal, right and honorable were upheld and all seemed to be quite harmonious…until the night of July 4, 1966, when the walls came closing in and the secrets could not be kept any longer.

It started with a murder. Carol Mathison, a lifelong resident and the only daughter of retired police chief Stanley Rogers, was found strangled in the park on the morning of July 5, leaving the community stunned. By all accounts, Carol was vibrant, well liked, outgoing and cheerful – making her murder all the more senseless. However, as the days drug by, more and more began to be revealed about Carol’s darker side…and the many, many people who might have wanted her dead.

The killer is closer than they know…

---

Kindle exclusive extras include: detailed character bios, to help you dive into the story easier, as well as the history of Haven Park, Wyoming, to set the stage!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051QFHYC?tag=discounter-20
Old 06-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #37
greencat
Freebie finder

free at Amazon.com:
Outlines of a Mechanical Theory of Storms by Thomas Bassnett
Quote:
On presenting to the public a work of this novel character,
overstepping, as it does, the barriers erected by modern systems to the further progress of knowledge, a few words of explanation may not be inappropriate.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0038YWM4C?tag=discounter-20
Old 06-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #38
greencat
Freebie finder

free at Amazon.com:
Blood and Hairballs - Book 3 Spinoff of the Series Night of the Guppy: Sylvia Chesterton, Vampire Guppy Hunter by Jamie Wasserman
Quote:
From the author of Blood and Sunlight: A Maryland Vampire Story, comes another installment of the Night of the Guppy series – sort of. So, if you’re desperate for a fix of vampire guppies, this might just be what you’re Jonesing for – a spin-off short story, featuring the background story of the gay werewolves from Night of the Guppy Book 2. There’s gigantic hairballs, brazen rabbits, and master gardeners. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll waste at least fifteen minutes of your precious life on this. (So ... seriously, be sure to go outside and enjoy some fresh air, or spend some time with your kids.)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004TMM3LY?tag=discounter-20
Old 06-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #39
greencat
Freebie finder

free at Amazon.com:
Lethe by A, Sparrow
Quote:
Dan Tompkins, dead of supernatural causes at age 22, washes up on Lethe, where souls go to forget life and strive for Elysium. Pining for Gina, the love he left behind, Dan wants out. He teams with rogue soul Marco Sabonis to find a way back to the land of life. The Elysial powers are not amused. There may be Hell to pay.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005201WX2?tag=discounter-20
Old 06-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #40
greencat
Freebie finder

free at Amazon.com:
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Bible - Enhanced Version by Matthew Henry
Quote:
The Concise Commentary on the Whole Bible brings exceptional depth to familiar Biblical passages. Henry astutely presents the historical and cultural background for each book of the Bible, always beginning with a brief summary of the book's setting and larger purpose. This work is a one-volume abridgement of Henry's greatest work, so the text is less cumbersome than that of the original publication; yet it might still require a little patience from the reader. Nevertheless, using this commentary is well worth the effort, and those who read its contents will not be disappointed. The Concise Commentary is an exciting new way to study the Bible that will be cherished by all.

Emmalon Davis
CCEL Staff Writer

This edition features an artistic cover, a new promotional introduction, and a hierarchical table of contents which makes it possible to navigate to any part of the book with a minimum of page turns.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003XKNDYO?tag=discounter-20
Old 06-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #41
greencat
Freebie finder

free at Amazon.com:
Transmission: A Meditation for the New Age by Benjamin Creme
Quote:
The next step in today's 'spiritual revolution' is putting the gains of personal development to work for the world, says Benjamin Creme, author of 15 books on practical spirituality and life ahead in the new millennium. In a new, expanded 5th edition of his book, Transmission-A Meditation for the New Age, Creme explains that the time is past to focus on one's own spiritual progress without engaging in some form of service. Transmission Meditation, he says, is the simplest way to do both--at the same time. Transmission Meditation is a group service activity which 'steps down' the great spiritual energies that continually stream into our planet, focused by the Masters of Wisdom--our 'Elder Brothers'. This process, which makes the energies more useful to humanity, is like that of electrical transformers, stepping down the power between generators and ordinary outlets. These transformed spiritual energies, Creme explains, are gradually uplifting all life forms and changing our world for the better. "What is unique about this work," says Creme, "is its simplicity. It is a perfect vehicle for the aspirations of very busy people. It is safe, highly scientific, non-denominational, free of any charge, and unbelievably potent. It is a service in which we can involve ourselves for the rest of our lives and know that we are helping in the great transformation to a more just and compassionate world. At the same time I know of no other form of service which makes for such far reaching and fast spiritual growth." The preface includes Creme's extraordinary account of his 40-year collaboration with a Master of Wisdom, and how it led to his primary work of preparing the way for Maitreya, World Teacher for the coming age.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004TU5D7W?tag=discounter-20
Old 06-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #42
greencat
Freebie finder

free at Amazon.com:
Delia-Boobelia by Jesi Lea Ryan
Quote:
Puberty sucks...at least it does for eleven year old Delia, whose body recently morphed into that of a playboy model. Now, she suffers under near constant torment of bullies and gossipers. "Delia-Boobelia" is a dark tale of how cruel children can be toward those who are different. *This discusses an extreme case of child abuse. Mature audiences only.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00522V3PW?tag=discounter-20
Old 06-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #43
greencat
Freebie finder

free at Amazon.com:
Farm of the Dead Things (Filming Dead Things) by Tennessee Hicks
Quote:
Stefan Roland wanted the big story, the big career-making break. When the call came in about a disturbance at the Springwood cemetery, and the possible involvement of the Inquisition, he never expected that this was his chance. Or that it meant facing dead things. He and his film crew got in their van and headed out after the story, never realizing that the events of the next few hours would change their lives. A Dead Things novelette from the author of Waking Dead Things.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004JHZ47O?tag=discounter-20
Old 06-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #44
greencat
Freebie finder

free at Amazon.com:
Come Anytime (Men's Men) by B. J. Hudson

WRITE NOW! How To Write That Novel--Today (Optimized & Ad-Free) by Francine Saint Marie

Making your eBook by Chris Robley

The Schmoldenese Falcon by John Northern

The Clever Detective by Linsey Lanier

His First Kill: A Short Story by John Brinling

UnSelling: Sell Less ... To Win More by Peter Bourke
Old 06-03-2011, 07:01 PM   #45
greencat
Freebie finder

Ikhlas and Taqwa Sincerity and Piety by Osman Nuri Topbas

Rogue Hunter: Gaia #2: Intruder by Kevis Hendrickson

From Bitter to Sweet by Andrea Dale

Scavenger Hunt (Zombie Kids Series Short Story #1) by Danielle Bourdon
Closed Thread