Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #361
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
sort by author operates on two fields the author sort field and and if that is empty the author field. Make sure that the author sort field is correct for books that appear to be sorting incorrectly.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #362
vivek_cbe
vivek_cbe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
thanks Kovid. Works well now. Will keep playing with the tool in the mean time.
vivek_cbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2008, 03:11 PM   #363
vivek_cbe

Hi

I downloaded an epub file from Adobe DE site. When I tried to add it to Calibre's library, I get the following error:

not an .epub OCF container
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 445, in add_books
File "main.py", line 457, in _add_books
File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\meta.pyo", line 71, in get_metadata
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\metadata\ epub.py", line 96, in get_metadata
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\metadata\ epub.py", line 80, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\metadata\ epub.py", line 59, in __init__
EPubException: not an .epub OCF container

Any Idea what the issue could be ? Has it something to do with DRM?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #364
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_cbe View Post
Any Idea what the issue could be ? Has it something to do with DRM?
You should only get that that error when the file isn't actually an EPUB book at all, DRMed or not. Are you sure the file is in fact an EPUB book?
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:38 AM   #365
vivek_cbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
You should only get that that error when the file isn't actually an EPUB book at all, DRMed or not. Are you sure the file is in fact an EPUB book?
well, the file extension is ".epub". After installing Adobe DE, the file extenstion ".epub" has been associated with this program. Other files open inside Adobe DE.

I am not sure how to check if the file is indeed an epub document. Any suggestions?
Advert
Old 07-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #366
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_cbe View Post
well, the file extension is ".epub". After installing Adobe DE, the file extenstion ".epub" has been associated with this program. Other files open inside Adobe DE.

I am not sure how to check if the file is indeed an epub document. Any suggestions?
Does this particular file open in ADE? If so, e-mail me a copy (<llasram@gmail.com>) -- even if it's DRMed calibre should still be able to read the metadata.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:16 PM   #367
vivek_cbe

Yes llasram. the file opens fine in ADE. I will mail you the file right away.

Last edited by vivek_cbe; 07-30-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:48 PM   #368
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I don't embed fonts, I find the hit in page turn times to be too great.
Actually, I did try embedding Times New Roman in something and the page turns are fast now. They do not take the long time they used to. Embedding fonts now is actually good. Page turns are not too slow like they used to be.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:55 PM   #369
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Italics are GONE!

I'm using 0.4.83 and when I use lit2lrf, I get no italics at all. I've gone back to some earlier version and italics are fine.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:57 PM   #370
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm using 0.4.83 and when I use lit2lrf, I get no italics at all. I've gone back to some earlier version and italics are fine.
Hmm. There's no change in the HTML->LRF conversion code between versions 0.4.82 and 0.4.83. Kovid did switch the default for lit2lrf extraction from ConvertLIT to lit2oeb, but I'm not sure what sort of bug could cause just italics to fail. Could you e-mail me a book showing this behavior?
Old 08-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #371
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Odd... it's now working fine. I don't know why it wasn't working before.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:54 PM   #372
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Hi there,

New to the forum. Currently researching e-book readers now that I am taking the bus to/from work. I came across your software as I was looking into the Sony PRS505. anyways I have a bunch of lit files, not sure where they came from originally but I tried to convert one using your lit2lrf utility but it is spitting back on error. I am using the latest version from bzr and do have ConvertLIT installed as well(I think that was mentioned as needed.) Here is the error output:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/lit2lrf", line 8, in <module>
    load_entry_point('calibre==0.4.84b9', 'console_scripts', 'lit2lrf')()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/calibre/ebooks/lrf/lit/convert_from.py", line 85, in main
    process_file(args[1], options, logger)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/calibre/ebooks/lrf/lit/convert_from.py", line 37, in process_file
    tdir = generate_html(lit, logger)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/calibre/ebooks/lrf/lit/convert_from.py", line 26, in generate_html
    lr = LitReader(pathtolit)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/calibre/ebooks/lit/reader.py", line 449, in __init__
    self._read_drm()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/calibre/ebooks/lit/reader.py", line 647, in _read_drm
    msdes.deskey(self._calculate_deskey(), msdes.DE1)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'deskey'
Any ideas? FWIW ConvertLIT was able to explode this to a bunch of html files.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
ould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:50 AM   #373
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To run from bzr you need to run

Code:
python setup.py build && sudo python setup.py develop
Not python setup.py install
Old 09-06-2008, 09:55 AM   #374
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
To run from bzr you need to run

Code:
python setup.py build && sudo python setup.py develop
Not python setup.py install
Thanks! You were correct I was missing the build command. I was still able to use

Code:
python setup.py install --root=$pkgdir
I have written a PKGBUILD for the bzr version. PKGBUILD's are used by Arch Linux(my distro of choice) to easily build things from source and still use the package manager to install, uninstall etc, see here for more info PKGBUILD's. Is there somewhere I could contribute this? I noticed at this link Get Caliber You have a few distros listed. Maybe you could add Arch to the list. I can try and work out a PKGBUILD for the stable version as well. No worries if you don't want/need it, I just felt like I could contribute something as your software looks to be pretty amazing so far and I don't even have a reader yet!

Thanks for all the hard work!!

Kevin
ould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #375
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Sure, I'll be happy to add instructions for arch linux. Can you open a ticket and I'll do it when I get some time. Note that a source tarball of the current stable version is always at https://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/downloads/

Tags
libprs500