Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-20-2023, 12:47 AM   #331
hiteshp
Connoisseur
hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: e61i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiteshp View Post
Papillon - Henri Charrière
I would take my words back. After persisting to read further, this become one of my favorite book, I've read.
hiteshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 05:53 AM   #332
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
He was trying to pull all his story lines together so that he didn't have to remember who went where for other books he wanted to write. He was also on the verge of having an ischemic stroke, which was making his brain function quite poorly. After the bypass surgery, he wrote "Friday" which took him back to his better days.

Hear! Hear!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2023, 06:29 AM   #333
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I would take my words back. After persisting to read further, this become one of my favorite book, I've read.
It took you 13 years to finish this book? (Your previous post on this book was in 2010.)
Old 12-20-2023, 03:37 PM   #334
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Papillon is a great book. The original movie is also excellent. The remake is meh!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 12:46 AM   #335
hiteshp
Connoisseur
hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.hiteshp knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
It took you 13 years to finish this book? (Your previous post on this book was in 2010.)

Twenty Attempts and 27 years

I had mentioned the same time span in my Review on Goodreads

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/706376080
Advert
Old 12-22-2023, 01:20 AM   #336
hiteshp
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Papillon is a great book. The original movie is also excellent. The remake is meh!
Will watch the movie. Would love to. Thank You.
Old 12-22-2023, 06:42 AM   #337
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Excellent!

Your next assignment is Finnegans Wake. (I must warn you that I don't have 27 years left to live.)

I will expect a full report from you in about 10 years.
Old 12-22-2023, 05:11 PM   #338
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:

Sometimes you are just not ready to read a book the first time you try. After 27 years, you are a different person, with different tastes. Kudos to you for giving the book another shot after so many times not liking it.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 12:54 AM   #339
hiteshp
Connoisseur

Quote:
Excellent!

Your next assignment is Finnegans Wake. (I must warn you that I don't have 27 years left to live.)

hahaha will add to TBR.
Old 12-29-2023, 12:55 AM   #340
hiteshp
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Sometimes you are just not ready to read a book the first time you try. After 27 years, you are a different person, with different tastes. Kudos to you for giving the book another shot after so many times not liking it.
Yep. Will not leave a book in a hand unfinished. And will not review an unfinished book ever now
Old 12-29-2023, 11:24 PM   #341
hiteshp
Connoisseur

Quote:
Excellent!

I got the book from Global Grey books and Breezed through it. It seems will finish it in around 100 years

Last edited by hiteshp; 12-29-2023 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-30-2023, 05:35 AM   #342
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A Passage to India by E. M. Forster is a dreadful book. It's so bad that even the movie is awful.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:25 AM   #343
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I got the book from Global Grey books and Breezed through it. It seems will finish it in around 100 years

I hear you!
Old 12-30-2023, 12:14 PM   #344
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

@Dr. Drib I have a task for you.

Read all 10 volumes of the Mission Earth series by L. Ron Hubbard. They are 10 large books.
Old 12-30-2023, 12:34 PM   #345
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
You've all read about the book club that took 28 years to read Finnegans Wake, meeting once a month? They finally finished this past October.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/07/b...smid=url-share

And the punchline?

Spoiler:
They turned back to the beginning and started over. As indeed the text suggests.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote