Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-18-2014, 10:43 AM   #316
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades View Post
Yes, but for a buyer that doesn't frequent forums like these? I found this forum after I got my first ereader, I doubt I'm the only one. :P
That certainly explains why you were unaware of the devices.

I note, however, that after being enlightened, you insisted they still don't count because most people haven't heard of them, thus they are no-name pieces of garbage.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #317
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades View Post
Yes, but for a buyer that doesn't frequent forums like these? I found this forum after I got my first ereader, I doubt I'm the only one. :P
If you're using that as your criteria, then the only real brands are Kindle and Nook, at least in the US. I was just talking to my uncle last night about readers and tablets, etc. For tablets, he had only heard of the iPad and the Galaxy. He had heard of Nexus phones, but not tablets. For readers, he knew of Kindle and Nook--had never heard of Kobo...he was very surprised that there was any other company that made e-readers.

He is very typical of the general population in the US.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #318
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Yep. When people ask; "is that one of those Kindles?" when they see me carrying/using my Nexus 7, I've just learned to say; "Yes. Yes it is." Any other response usually leads to eyes quickly glazing over.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:32 PM   #319
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
Yes it does.

Look again - it's not a configuration file - it's a Java source file decompiled from the .class file and then recompiled.

The numbers *are* hardcoded in the code (as the developer of the hack himself complained about).

/JB
Yes I can confirm as I did exactly this. It's in a java file. The values are in an array. Copy the right jar to your PC, extract the java class file, decompile, change the values, recompile, put the class file back into the jar, stop the framework, put the jar back on the kindle, cross your fingers and restart the framework.

Ditto with margins.

This is why I'd never get a kindle that does not have a jailbreak. I know their out of the box settings don't suit me, and they haven't changed in years.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote