Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 08-01-2003, 11:20 AM   #16
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Hi

Alex ,if you are doing custom ixl for people that are having a difficult time getting this to work, is there a way to get this url http://www.nytimes.com/ref/membercen...xtversion.html to work?

I know i posted this a few days ago and there was no response and wanted to know if this was possible to use.

This would give people a chance to have it in one channel.But again i do not know if it is possible to use this in the way that is talked about.

David
Old 09-28-2003, 09:49 AM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I am working on implementing the custom NYT channels in the new WCC update. Look at this nice regex I figured out...

PHP Code:
(?=(?:(?!pagewanted=all|pagewanted=[\0-9]+|8br|8bl).)*$)(?<!REFURI=)http:\/[a-z.0-9\/]+\/magazine\/.*\.html 
Basically, it loads all from the page, plus the first page of the actual article plus the full printversion of the article... this is the best (me thinks) we can do right now with iSilo's limited filter capabilities.

edit: something wrong with the post parser here, keeps on thinking I want this friggin smilies... you will see the working regex when WCC 1.2.0 is out!
Advert
Old 09-28-2003, 05:28 PM   #18
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
OoOoOoOo.

I don't know what you said, but the part about getting NYT content again is fab!
Old 09-29-2003, 03:52 AM   #19
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Also try the NYTimes JXL in JPluck.

http://jpluck.sourceforge.net/jxl/nytimes.xml

Instructions are contained in the JXL. You need an XSLT-capable browser (IE6, Mozilla 1.2+) to view the JXL transformed to HTML format.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:09 AM   #20
jasondv
Enthusiast
jasondv began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten|T
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander
you will see the working regex when WCC 1.2.0 is out! [/B]
Way to go Alexander! Just wanted to say how much I (and a bunch of others, I assume) appreciate your work.
Advert
Old 09-29-2003, 11:45 AM   #21
archituz
Connoisseur
archituz doesn't litterarchituz doesn't litter

I am so happy that Alexander is working on a NYTimes link.
I've been unhappily using Avantgo for the Times since the problems started.

jasondv is correct to praise Alexander.

Alexander, I very much appreciate your devotion to this forum and all things iSilo. Keep it up. And keep telling us how we can help (in non-technical ways, for me at least).
Marty
Old 09-29-2003, 11:58 AM   #22
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I attached an example link (NYT National) of the NYT links (50 total) which I will include in the next WCC. What you have to do:

In the Source url, replace 'youruserid' with your user id and replace 'yourpass' with your password.

What the channel does: it downloads the text version of the NYT National index, downloads the first page of each National article, and finally downloads the complete printer edition of each article (which is accessible on the first page of the article).

Play with it and see what I mean. If you have any suggestions, feel free......

Alex
Attached Files
File Type: ixl nytnational.ixl (4.1 KB, 514 views)
Old 09-29-2003, 05:47 PM   #23
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Well... the content is there, that's a good thing!

I don't presume that there's a way to get rid of the table formatting is there? And are you going to do separate print-version files for all the sections of the NYT in the WCC? No matter how you cut it: I'm psyched to have NYT back!!

Way to go Alexander.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:10 PM   #24
jasondv
Enthusiast
jasondv began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten|T
Just downloaded the ixl file and am trying it out now. It seems to be working (still downloading the stuff -- I'm in a rural town with a crummy 28.8 dial up connection only).

My thanks again to you, Alexander. I typically follow the Business and Technology pages of NYT, and I'm hoping they are included in the 50+ links that you mentioned.
Old 09-30-2003, 02:49 AM   #25
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally posted by sUnShInE
Well... the content is there, that's a good thing!

I don't presume that there's a way to get rid of the table formatting is there?
Yup there is... I forgot to turn off all table formatting in the iSiloX settings.
Quote:
And are you going to do separate print-version files for all the sections of the NYT in the WCC?
Yup again There are like 50 sections of them each about 250-300Kb big when downloaded.

Quote:
Originally posted by jasondv
I typically follow the Business and Technology pages of NYT, and I'm hoping they are included in the 50+ links that you mentioned.
They are

Cheers!
Alex
Old 09-30-2003, 11:40 AM   #26
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
Alexander, I don't understand what constitute my "user id" and "password"? Why would I need such things to access the Times and if I do need them where do I get them? radleyp
Old 09-30-2003, 11:46 AM   #27
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally posted by radleyp
Alexander, I don't understand what constitute my "user id" and "password"? Why would I need such things to access the Times and if I do need them where do I get them? radleyp
Radleyp, the NYTimes requires a free user registration if you want to access their online articles. Once you've registered, you will receive a userid and a password.

Alex (who is heavily upgrading turcic.com right now )
Old 09-30-2003, 12:03 PM   #28
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Oh, that? I have that, thanks. radleyp
Old 09-30-2003, 12:19 PM   #29
radleyp
Evangelist

It works, thanks. radleyp
Old 09-30-2003, 12:57 PM   #30
archituz
Connoisseur
archituz doesn't litterarchituz doesn't litter

Alex,
I'm able to set up and convert the file--
but, depending on the link settings, it's either too big or too small.

What are the link settings?
-max depth
-off-site links
-sub-folder only links
-unresolved link detail

Thanks,
Marty