Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 12:53 AM   #16
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
The other day I tried to recharge with a usb-wallcharger but didn't manage to do so. Are there any special instructions to do so (e.g. perhaps the device should be 'on' while charging)?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:58 AM   #17
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgn View Post
What??? What has frequency got to do with a battery?? This makes no sense at all (unless I misunderstand something).

If you are meaning capacity, then it should be 2050mAH (at least this is what the box is telling me).
I'm no electrician, sorry. Anyway, the 302 battery is a lot more powerful.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 12:34 PM   #18
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
One thing I have noticed is I seem to get a lot longer battery life if I don't use the accelerometer. Normally I leave it on because some books have an occasional page that looks better when viewed landscape rather than portrait. If I'm someplace where I need to conserve battery life (e.g. camping) I turn the accelerometer off. It really helps.

Last edited by JimMcLaren; 06-29-2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: spelling
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #19
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcLaren View Post
One thing I have noticed is I seem to get a lot longer battery life if I don't use the accelerometer. Normally I leave it on because some books have an occasional page that looks better when viewed landscape rather than portrait. If I'm someplace where I need to conserve battery life (e.g. camping) I turn the accelerometer off. It really helps.
Same experience here. besides the accelerometer is sometimes very frustrating (I read a lot in bed)
Old 06-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #20
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
The other day I tried to recharge with a usb-wallcharger but didn't manage to do so. Are there any special instructions to do so (e.g. perhaps the device should be 'on' while charging)?
Check settings - connectivity - usb mode is not set to pc link. It should be charge / ask when connected to go to charge mode when connect via usb.
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #21
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Same experience here. besides the accelerometer is sometimes very frustrating (I read a lot in bed)
Me too! I had that accelerometer off in less than a minute. Every time you lay down your book turns the wrong way!

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #22
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Me too! I had that accelerometer off in less than a minute. Every time you lay down your book turns the wrong way!

-Marcy
It is weird - I cannot see where to turn this off - which menu is it on?
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #23
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
It is weird - I cannot see where to turn this off - which menu is it on?
Settings -> Appearance -> Screen Orientation
If it is set to auto, than you have the accelerometer ON and any other option (like Portrait) turns it OFF.
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:50 PM   #24
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpupsik View Post
Settings -> Appearance -> Screen Orientation
If it is set to auto, than you have the accelerometer ON and any other option (like Portrait) turns it OFF.
thanks - it seems I had it turned off....
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #25
MikeFromHC
Zealot
MikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pandigital Novel
Quote:
I have the clock only updating when I turn a page - and I update on every page. I do not see any other way of minimizing battery usage. I never turn the unit off though - would that make a difference??
Their site says it has blue tooth and WLAN. If those are on they can suck power.

The battery it uses is 2050 maH. Compare that with what other units use and you should be able to get a good idea of what can be expected.

Going on the total weight of the unit alone, which is similar to other brands, 15000 sounds like marketing hype.
MikeFromHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:42 AM   #26
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish View Post
Check settings - connectivity - usb mode is not set to pc link. It should be charge / ask when connected to go to charge mode when connect via usb.
It definitely doesn't work. I connected the usb-wallcharger, put the PB302 to charge mode, set the time-out off and instead of charging, it discharges.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:16 AM   #27
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
It definitely doesn't work. I connected the usb-wallcharger, put the PB302 to charge mode, set the time-out off and instead of charging, it discharges.
Does the LCD light work? Do you use the plug on the side of the device?
Old 07-05-2010, 08:07 AM   #28
adbosch
Addict

I use a usb-wallcharger in order to charge through the mini-usb on the bottom. The LED turns red as if charging.
(The regular wallcharger that comes with the device and which is plugged on the side works well, but I don't want to carry multiple chargers with me all the time)

Last edited by adbosch; 07-05-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #29
MikeFromHC
Zealot
MikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pandigital Novel
Quote:
I use a usb-wallcharger in order to charge through the mini-usb on the bottom. The LED turns red as if charging.
(The regular wallcharger that comes with the device and which is plugged on the side works well, but I don't want to carry multiple chargers with me all the time)
It is very unlikely that they would design a device that allowed charging from two different positions.
I'll bet a nickel that the USB charger that you want to use does not charge at greater than 7.2 volts which is what most Li-on batteries produce.

I'd say that you are lucky all that happens is a discharge if you plug a charger into something that is not designed to charge the device.
MikeFromHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:20 PM   #30
adbosch
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFromHC View Post
It is very unlikely that they would design a device that allowed charging from two different positions.
I'll bet a nickel that the USB charger that you want to use does not charge at greater than 7.2 volts which is what most Li-on batteries produce.

I'd say that you are lucky all that happens is a discharge if you plug a charger into something that is not designed to charge the device.
It has the option, so I would say it is designed to charge through USB. So it should work.