Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #16
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Thanks Robert, I will send you a PM. I just sent Elliot my details. I assume I have to pay to have it shipped back to you?
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:12 AM   #17
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just sent my PP back to Astak today. Hopefully it won't take too long to get there!
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #18
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Eyes open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
Just sent my PP back to Astak today. Hopefully it won't take too long to get there!
Dear Laura:

I am watching for it!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #19
Carlos 31
Carlos 31 began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader pocket pro 5
Hello! I got my device today and I'm having the same problem as Laura . The start screen freezes when it gets to 2 bars and that's it. It's still charging for the first time but let me tell you it does not look fine. I have already tried restarting it and every time is the same... it just gets up to 2 bars and then it dies ( apparently). Any help?
Carlos 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #20
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Carlos: let Astak help you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos 31 View Post
Hello! I got my device today and I'm having the same problem as Laura . The start screen freezes when it gets to 2 bars and that's it. It's still charging for the first time but let me tell you it does not look fine. I have already tried restarting it and every time is the same... it just gets up to 2 bars and then it dies ( apparently). Any help?
Dear Carlos:

We would be more than happy to help. I admit I do not know what you mean about "gets to 2 bars and that's it". Are you talking about the battery?

Did you let the device charge 8-12 hours before using it? Did you read the FAQ sheet at: www.theEZreader.com under "support"?

In any case:

tollfree: 1-866-368-8788
email: support@astak.com

We will help you!!

Welcome to the Astak Dedicated Forum!! We are glad you are here and posting!

Last edited by Robertb; 02-19-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #21
Carlos 31

I´m talking about the little cells that show that the system is loading... I don't get past the "starting" screen so I don't see the battery. The device has been charging since this morning when I got it and it has a green light now. I'll keep it charging just in case but I don't think anything will happen. I'm so frustrated. I have been waiting for my astak for 5 days just to get it and see it does not work.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #22
Robertb

I know and don't blame you!!

Quote:
I´m talking about the little cells that show that the system is loading... I don't get past the "starting" screen so I don't see the battery. The device has been charging since this morning when I got it and it has a green light now. I'll keep it charging just in case but I don't think anything will happen. I'm so frustrated. I have been waiting for my astak for 5 days just to get it and see it does not work.
Dear Carlos:

I would be frustrated too and you are absolutely right. BUT... we cannot do much without talking to you to TRY to solve the problem.

Now, if you call 1-866-368-8788 here is what will happen:

Our tech tries to solve the problem over the phone by asking you to try a few things.

If this does not help he will give you an RMA number. Send it back and we will either fix or replace within 24 hours on business days and we pay the freight to send it back.

SURE... I agree it is a pain to wait and then get it and then send it back!! I fully understand. BUT... we are fast and we do rush!! The point here is to get you happy as fast as possible!! And, yes, I am VERY sorry that this happened and am anxious to do right!
Old 02-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #23
Carlos 31

Thanks. I've just called that number but they told me they were closed till Monday so I guess I'll have to wait.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #24
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks. I've just called that number but they told me they were closed till Monday so I guess I'll have to wait.
Carlos31

If you have a SD card reader, get the latest firmware and extract the v5setup.bin file to the root of the card and try an re-flash your PEz.

Power OFF the PEz
Insert SD card

Hold the top page turn button (arrow points right)
Power on
let up on the page turn button when the "do you want to updat message " appears.
press OK

Wait you should see progress marks

and wait till done

Note any error messages (exactly) if this fails, for support when you call Monday
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #25
Carlos 31

Thanks a lot!!!!!!! Theducks you saved my life (and a lot of complications plus some extra bucks when sending the PEZ back to Astak)... Thanks again.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #26
Laura81
Addict

Glad your problem got sorted easily Carlos I wish it would have been that easy for me! But I tried that and it did not work. I'm missing my PP!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:35 PM   #27
Laura81
Addict

Just got a notification from USPS that Astak have sent me a new PP out! Woohoo! Can't wait!

Robertb - When did you all receive my old PP and did you figure out what was wrong with it?
Old 02-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #28
tnronin
Zealot
tnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't litter

Device: PRS-300
Impressive CS. Glad to see it is working out.
tnronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #29
Carlos 31

Glad for you Laura! Robert is the man...
Old 02-25-2010, 12:51 AM   #30
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
The customer service Astak provides to us Aussies is definitely turn my decision in favour of them. I'll be ordering a reader within two weeks.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote