Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #16
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Thanks, I was actually referring to all the info that you pull from the settings menu, like this post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...12&postcount=4

I'm kind of curious to know what aspects of the firmware are updated/different to the current PP firmware. TIA
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #17
mrsquash
Connoisseur
mrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enough

Device: K4-NT, Sony T1
Solicitous,
I put the BeBook FW on my PP last night. Working fine so far. Here's the info from the settings screen:

Linux kernel version: 2.6.21.7
Firmware version: V2.02NL.091016
PDF parser version V2.00.090914
DOC parser version: V2.00.080624
HTML parser version: V2.00.080531
WOL parser version: V2.00.080531
Image parser version: V2.00.090720
TXT parser version: V2.00.080624
FB2 parser version: V2.00.080531
Viewer version: V2.0.091012
BookShelf version: V2.00.091016
Copyright card ID
EPD waveform V110_B043_50_WD2802_BTC
mrsquash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2009, 11:29 AM   #18
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Yep you can install it on your PP. I think Robert mentioned on a thread earlier that this week it is expected Astak will release a new firmware for the PP. Might be worth a browse on the bebook forums to see if it is fixing the battery issue first.
Ohh, it fixed it alright! Before the update I had about 3 day battery life (locked, no reading). Now, I've it running for a week (locked, intermediate reading) and it's still showing full.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #19
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsquash View Post
Solicitous,
I put the BeBook FW on my PP last night. Working fine so far. Here's the info from the settings screen:

Firmware version: V2.02NL.091016
PDF parser version V2.00.090914
Viewer version: V2.0.091012
BookShelf version: V2.00.091016
Copyright card ID
Interesting, I currently have the latest Hanlin release loaded on mine and it shows:

Firmware version: V2.02NL.091015
PDF parser version V2.00.090915
Viewer version: V2.0.090729
BookShelf version: V2.00.091015
Copyright card ID

It is a day older version but the PDF parser is newer while the Viewer version is much older. The bookshelf version matches the overall version which is expected. I wonder if they consistently pick the best? I also wonder what the viewer is.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #20
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Ohh, it fixed it alright! Before the update I had about 3 day battery life (locked, no reading). Now, I've it running for a week (locked, intermediate reading) and it's still showing full.
What version firmware were you running prior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Interesting, I currently have the latest Hanlin release loaded on mine and it shows:

Firmware version: V2.02NL.091015
PDF parser version V2.00.090915
Viewer version: V2.0.090729
BookShelf version: V2.00.091015
Copyright card ID

It is a day older version but the PDF parser is newer while the Viewer version is much older. The bookshelf version matches the overall version which is expected. I wonder if they consistently pick the best? I also wonder what the viewer is.

Dale
I signed up for access to Jinke's GPL code repository, unfortunately aspects like the bookshelf viewer are not GPL so I can't view a changelog to see what has been updated. Most of what is accessible is not really of great interest unfortunately (to me anyway). I thought I might be able to access a general changelog of what has been updated in relative detail for the current firmware release.
Advert
Old 11-08-2009, 07:47 PM   #21
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
I thought I might be able to access a general changelog of what has been updated in relative detail for the current firmware release.
I find it wholly strange that this is not available, from Jinke nor from Astak. It really is necessary, and I have mentioned it here before, but...
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #22
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I find it wholly strange that this is not available, from Jinke nor from Astak. It really is necessary, and I have mentioned it here before, but...
Well, you can see they are listening, right?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #23
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Well, you can see they are listening, right?
Well, I AM just an insignificant user.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:10 AM   #24
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
I thought I might be able to access a general changelog of what has been updated in relative detail for the current firmware release.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #25
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Hey! We are all Geeks here, that want to know.

The average user just wants it to work (and without having to do those bothersome Updates)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #26
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
As mentioned prior, we found two bugs!

Quote:
Dear ALL:

As said last Friday, we ARE bringing a new firmware update out this week from the factory. Amy found two bugs (glitches) in it and we are having the factory correct those first.

We are also working on adding Dictionary Support (finally) and more uses for the scroll wheel.

We are asking the factory to ensure that the same battery-charge saving upgrade that BeBook has is in our version.

It is not wholly strange. The factory tells us when new firmware upgrades are ready and we take the time to check them out first. I think that makes for a better firmware upgrade.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #27
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear ALL:

It is not wholly strange. The factory tells us when new firmware upgrades are ready and we take the time to check them out first. I think that makes for a better firmware upgrade.
I don't think he meant the firmware update itself. He thought it was strange that there was no log of the changes in the new firmware.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #28
erosco
Enthusiast
erosco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
I personally am very happy to wait a couple of more days knowing a another bug has been fixed.

Keep up the good work Robert!

erosco
erosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #29
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
What does the scrollwheel do now? I haven't been able to make it do anything.
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #30
Solicitous
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrixx View Post
What does the scrollwheel do now? I haven't been able to make it do anything.
If you flick it up or down it will turn the page left/right, same as the 9-0 and buttons on the left hand side. If you push the scrollwheel in, it will bring up the main menu (same menu as when you press the OK button).