Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #16
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
I did wonder about that - two meet ups is a huge deal!
Don't tell anybody, Vcat, but I think that might beat even Zee's record for meet-ups per week. Ssshhh! And enjoy!!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:42 PM   #17
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
This is ironic. I'm going to be in Toronto this August.

Two weeks after this meetup.

Oh well, maybe next time.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2009, 05:05 PM   #18
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post

And it looks like our summer weather might be coming back for your stay.

Above average temperatures are expected this week-end and hopefully in two weeks...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	34181  
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #19
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Having been to my first meet up ever, I must say that they are massive fun! Especially the fireworks at the end!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #20
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Having been to my first meet up ever, I must say that they are massive fun! Especially the fireworks at the end!
Will there be fireworks??
Must say that I enjoyed chatting at the fireworks much more then watching them though...
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #21
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
there must be fireworks at every meetup, right? I mean there were at the only one I've ever been to...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:37 PM   #22
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
There will not be fireworks, but it bears repeating that my Sony Reader has flowers on it.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #23
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Back from vacation. Will be there tomorrow, may not be awake but will be there! Need to take another week off to recover.

My tablet PC could run a fireworks screen saver...
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #24
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Don't tell anybody, Vcat, but I think that might beat even Zee's record for meet-ups per week. Ssshhh! And enjoy!!
i'm at every meetup in spirit, does that count ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post

i vote for a "neko special" toronto meetup 2 weeks from now !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
i agree !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
There will not be fireworks, but it bears repeating that my Sony Reader has flowers on it.
...and that's just as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
Back from vacation. Will be there tomorrow, may not be awake but will be there! Need to take another week off to recover.
that's the irony of vacation, isn't it ?

Quote:
My tablet PC could run a fireworks screen saver...
hm, excellent plan... we should start doing that for all meetups ! it could be a new tradition ! i like it.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:17 AM   #25
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Change me to "I WILL be there". Will do all I can to bring the wife along too
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #26
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Change me to "I WILL be there". Will do all I can to bring the wife along too
Great, I've updated the main post!

I've also got some Sony Clie's (TH55, TJ37, SJ20) I'll be bringing that use Mobipocket Reader so you won't be alone with the TX...
Old 08-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #27
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Glad to see so many people coming! I have to go to IKEA with my mom in the morning; I will be there, but I am not sure how 'early'
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:00 PM   #28
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
I got here a bit early but it is hotter then an oven so I left. Sorry guys I was melting in there.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:19 PM   #29
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
I got here a bit early but it is hotter then an oven so I left. Sorry guys I was melting in there.
Well, you do know we've been waiting for that summer weather here for ages...

Sorry we missed you, but we are still here, namely myself, ficbot, lance_, pholy, Verencat (and boyfriend) as well as PeterT and his wife (who both just left)...

Oh, well, there's always the 2nd Meet-up...

Last edited by nrapallo; 08-15-2009 at 04:25 PM. Reason: fixed grammar
Old 08-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #30
nrapallo

Just got back home now that the Meet-up has ended.

Wow, what a nice opportunity to meet people you see online almost everyday and THINK you know, but now you DO know.

And the gadgets that they have...

Let me tell you about the ones I remember:

Ficbot's Sony PRS-505 has a flower case which I think may be more durable and comfortable than any case I've seen. She also had her iPod Touch.

lance_'s Foxit eslick could handle .pdf viewing in many ways from landscape to 'zoom to width' or 'zoom to height'. It was almost like using Acrobat on an e-ink screen. He also had a Dell Mini running MacOS X...

pholy's XO OLPC laptop really was surprising to see along with his other LCD (Noika) and e-ink (BeBook) devices. He also had an Acer Aspire Netbook.

VerenCat was ebook reader-less, but was (quietly) absorbing all of it... but may be waiting a bit more to see if that RIGHT gadget comes along... (Or was she thinking about those Toronto beaches she was heading out to after : )

PeterT had his trusty Palm TX and his wife had the retractable Palm T3.

I didn't bring my ebookwise 1150 as I thought shighfield would be displaying his, but did bring along a REB1100 as well as my REB1200. I also displayed my 3 Sony PDA's (Clie) as well as my Asus eeePC 1000H Netbook.

The only real computer there was a HP 12" TC4200 Tablet PC laptop I brought.

I didn't take any pitcures, but I know pholy did. Perhaps pholy can upload some here?

I'm getting ready to go to my cottage to soak up some summer rays and may not have access to the internet and mobileread.com until monday, so adieu everyone! It was fun!

So, when's the next one?

Last edited by nrapallo; 08-15-2009 at 04:50 PM.