Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #16
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Someone posted on the Fictionwise Yahoo group about the age of the books on this list - apparently it's the same list that was offered the last time they had a NYT Bestseller sale? Steve Pendergast posted that it'll be updated Monday - the same day they do all their regular updates.

Seems a bit...I don't know, lazy?...to not update the last when sending notice. But you might want to check back later tomorrow to see what "new" books are listed...
Agreed.

Still, I'll check in Monday...I have some Micropay to use.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #17
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
apparently it's the same list that was offered the last time they had a NYT Bestseller sale?
Can't be the same list unless they ran the same sale last month and I missed it. I picked up Linda Fairstein's newest and it was a Feb. '09 release. Be interesting to see what changes tomorrow.

Quote:
Steve Pendergast posted that it'll be updated Monday - the same day they do all their regular updates.

Seems a bit...I don't know, lazy?...to not update the last when sending notice.
That's one place where BoB beats them for sure. They're aways updating their site. FW almost never updates except on Monday so sometimes BoB will have certain books for almost a week before FW lists them.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #18
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Can't be the same list unless they ran the same sale last month and I missed it. I picked up Linda Fairstein's newest and it was a Feb. '09 release. Be interesting to see what changes tomorrow.
Yes, they ran it right at the end of the year, very short time (during their push to get as much cash as possible - all to make them more valuable in the B&N sale, no doubt).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #19
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Yes, they ran it right at the end of the year, very short time (during their push to get as much cash as possible - all to make them more valuable in the B&N sale, no doubt).
I know they did, but for this list to be the same list as last time they would have had to run the sale again last month. AFAIK they didn't.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The list has not been updated.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #21
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

it's usually later in the day on Mondays when the updates are done...at least, the last few weeks...try again in about 2-3 hrs...
Old 03-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #22
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The list has not been updated.
I see at least one book that wasn't there before, Kim Harrison's White Witch, Black Curse.

A bunch of the books on there are older titles with prices based on their mass market release and are less than $9.95 guess they have them there to make the list look longer or something.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #23
texasnightowl
Guru

Promises in Death is included now too. I'll probably pick it up ... maybe in Lit format. I bought it from Amazon for the Kindle but had formatting issues and "returned" it.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #24
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Yay, it's updated now. I picked up two new books, all with micropay stash. Fun times!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #25
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
I honestly can't say that 9.95 is always a bargain for even NY bestsellers.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:33 AM   #26
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Galaxy Tab S6
I believe I've read it here elsewhere, but I just want to confirm... short of stripping the DRM out completely (bad bad, and I have no desire to do so), you cannot read the secure mobipocket books from Fictionwise on your Kindle, right?

I tried and to add the generated Kindle PID to my account and it doesn't seem to like it, so I'm assuming that only the multiformat non-DRM protected ones can be read on the Kindle, right? TIA
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:46 AM   #27
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Only OverDrive accepts Kindle PIDs, and they don't sell through Fictionwise anymore.

So yes, from fictionwise, only multiformat Mobipocket can be read on your Kindle. Unless you strip the DRM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriePie View Post
I believe I've read it here elsewhere, but I just want to confirm... short of stripping the DRM out completely (bad bad, and I have no desire to do so), you cannot read the secure mobipocket books from Fictionwise on your Kindle, right?

I tried and to add the generated Kindle PID to my account and it doesn't seem to like it, so I'm assuming that only the multiformat non-DRM protected ones can be read on the Kindle, right? TIA
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote