Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-28-2023, 01:39 PM   #16
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
i struggle to find enough stuff i need to reach the £40 minimum for a free-for-prime members Morrisons groceries order in UK. [ & that's an appalling service anyway, so when I give up prime I wont miss it ]. I don't qualify for Fresh - we must be too rural
We're in the UK in a town of over a quarter of a million people and we can't get Amazon Fresh. I had the impression it was London only here.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 01:43 PM   #17
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I just don't trust other people with picking my fresh produce, meat, seafood and bread. When I was young, I worked in a grocery store, and I can be extremely picky about those items. I saw an ad for Instacart (I think) that seemed to show they deliver food like uber delivers people. The ad made it sound like these people would be as finicky as I am about shopping for my groceries. Somehow, I do not believe this ad is the way it works in real life.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2023, 04:51 PM   #18
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Yes and no. I use Amazon Fresh because it was a perk. If it's no longer a perk, I might as well use Stop and Shop's delivery instead, for a similar cost. It was what I used early in the pandemic, but Stop and Shop's service was horrible then--understandably so, but I'd be lucky to get half the items I ordered and delivery slots were extremely hard to get. Presumably it's better now! I don't have a problem paying for delivery; I have a problem with Amazon charging me for delivery on top of my Prime membership, devaluing it considerably.

The cancellation of AmazonSmile, knowing the effect it has on small community organizations, like the one I supported, is certainly a factor in my resistance to Amazon wanting to charge me more for groceries now. It feels like two blows in quick succession, and I'm angry.
Ok I understand. I don't really pay much attention to the perks that Amazon offers. I utilize it for the free shipping and it saves me from wasting time in stores looking for things I usually can't find and it's delivered to my door. For me it's worth it.

Yes during the pandemic, all the delivery services were overloaded, but things have gone back to normal now.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 07:21 PM   #19
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Put it into perspective, someone else shops for you, packs it up, and delivers it for you. You don't have to get up, dress, spend your gas, time and wandering all over a store then have to lug what you bought home.
The delivery person probably would prefer you did get dressed
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 08:35 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Krispy Kreme for the win.
Apache
Too sweet.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2023, 08:12 AM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Krispy Kreme for the win.
Apache
Way too sweet for me (and I had a sweet tooth).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 04:29 PM   #22
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I don't believe I use this service, although we order a lot of other things from Prime. They seem to be making changes left and right lately between this, smile, DRM download changes, Amazon Music outcry, and I noticed (late to this I guess, on the removal of the drive, so had to hurry up and do downloads and change some to Amazon Photos before the end of the month).
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 04:47 PM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
I don't believe I use this service, although we order a lot of other things from Prime. They seem to be making changes left and right lately between this, smile, DRM download changes, Amazon Music outcry, and I noticed (late to this I guess, on the removal of the drive, so had to hurry up and do downloads and change some to Amazon Photos before the end of the month).
You have until the end of 2023 to download your files. The January 31st deadline only applies to uploading files.

Amazon Drive Deprecation
Quote:
On January 31, 2023, Amazon will no longer support uploading files on the Amazon Drive website. You will still be able to view and download your files until December 31, 2023.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 05:16 PM   #24
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
You have until the end of 2023 to download your files. The January 31st deadline only applies to uploading files.

Amazon Drive Deprecation
Ah okay, that's a relief. I did a rush download the other day as I had just noticed it.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 05:59 PM   #25
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Ah okay, that's a relief. I did a rush download the other day as I had just noticed it.
It was the one place you could store years of family photos without your carefully planned folder structure being obliterated by some unwanted improvement ( talking about vou, Google drive)

Oh well, back to storing them myself like some pre internet squirrel

And one more reason to do the prime cold turkey thing.

Free uploads and cloud storage of your MP3 to your personal music library has already gone.

The Man's gotta fund those yachts, space rockets, divorces... Somehow
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 08:54 PM   #26
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Too sweet.
Agreed.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 09:03 PM   #27
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
It looks like more of the TV and movie content on Prime is going to TeeVee (ad supported) as well. If it's got ads I don't watch it. There are many ad-supported TV and movie services on the Internet that are free (if you can put up with the ads). TubiTV, Crackle, Vudu, Roku, Pluto, Shout Factory, Yahoo, (and several more) so paying for ad-supported content seems a bit odd.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 11:00 PM   #28
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
The Man's gotta fund those yachts, space rockets, divorces... Somehow
I replied with a similar joke earlier. But really, it's once Jeff left that all these changes hit. The visionary is gone. Now Amazon has to run like a 'real' business.

I do wonder how many of these small changes can pile up before people will really start to dislike Amazon or move away from it?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 03:52 AM   #29
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I do wonder how many of these small changes can pile up before people will really start to dislike Amazon or move away from it?
I use Prime mainly for two things: Prime Visa and Prime Video. The other perks are incidental. The free no minimum shipping is nice, but not a necessity.

Prime Visa is what keeps me in Prime. I get at least 5% back on Amazon purchases and that pays for the yearly membership fee. If Amazon raises the membership fee and/or cuts that 5% to a point where the savings no longer pay for the membership, I'd seriously consider dropping Prime altogether.

Time will tell. As is, Amazon is getting worse, not better.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 04:44 AM   #30
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Quote:
I just don't trust other people with picking my fresh produce, meat, seafood and bread. When I was young, I worked in a grocery store, and I can be extremely picky about those items. I saw an ad for Instacart (I think) that seemed to show they deliver food like uber delivers people. The ad made it sound like these people would be as finicky as I am about shopping for my groceries. Somehow, I do not believe this ad is the way it works in real life.
Apache
I'm with you on this. I worked in a grocery store when I was in high school and early college, bag boy, produce department, general stock boy. I'm very picky about those items as well. Plus my household is just my wife and I, so when I shop, I'm checking dates on things like break, milk, eggs, etc as I want to get dates that I know will last the time it takes us to use them. I don't want somebody grabbing items for me that are set to expire tomorrow. I'd be real leery particularly with Walmart delivery. I shop there for basic items and I've noticed the bin at checkout will have items in it that are refrigerated that aren't being put back right in stock right away. The items will sit there for hours. I bought salmon once from them, that was rancid. No thanks, I'll pick my own items.

Plus since the start of working at home, which is permanent for me now, I like another reason to just get out of the house! I can get about 4000 steps walking though a Walmart superstore, then another 1-2000 through the grocery store for about 5-6k total for the trip.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote