Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-19-2022, 04:51 PM   #16
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I couldn't go back to a 6'' screen, and I tried. It's only 7'' or 8'' now for me. I don't mind longer lines, and needing to turn pages less often is worth it to me.

I'm not tempted by bigger than 8'' mainly because those devices are too heavy. I want to hold my reader in one hand while reading, and I can't prop it up on a lap, a table or a desk because my cats would knock it over.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 12:48 PM   #17
Trellaine
Trellaine began at the beginning.

Device: None
Screen size?

I am in the hunt for my first ereader. I want a bigger screen. I am a casual reader. The Libra 2 should suffice? What about Forma? This is an older model and hard to find but a large screen?
Trellaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2022, 12:51 PM   #18
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trellaine View Post
I am in the hunt for my first ereader. I want a bigger screen. I am a casual reader. The Libra 2 should suffice? What about Forma? This is an older model and hard to find but a large screen?
The screen of the Sage is the same size as that of the Forma, if you want a current model.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 02:52 PM   #19
Trellaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
The screen of the Sage is the same size as that of the Forma, if you want a current model.
Thanks. I see the newer model Sage is $50 more. Worth the extra? I will try and do a comparison online.
Old 05-23-2022, 02:57 PM   #20
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Thanks. I see the newer model Sage is $50 more. Worth the extra? I will try and do a comparison online.
Only you can decide if it is worth the extra for you. I bought a Sage late last year as an impulse treat for myself, and am very happy with it, but I'm still not sure that it was "worth it", being far more than I've ever paid before for an ereader.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2022, 02:59 PM   #21
Trellaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Only you can decide if it is worth the extra for you. I bought a Sage late last year as an impulse treat for myself, and am very happy with it, but I'm still not sure that it was "worth it", being far more than I've ever paid before for an ereader.
Hmm which would be best for my eyes? Eyes and screen size is important. I do use reading glasses but curious if one is easier on the eyes.
Old 05-23-2022, 03:10 PM   #22
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Hmm which would be best for my eyes? Eyes and screen size is important. I do use reading glasses but curious if one is easier on the eyes.
Again, only you could know what is best for YOUR eyes. I wear glasses at all times, and have no problem with the Sage, but I am sure the Forma would also be fine.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, upgrade