Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-06-2020, 05:20 PM   #16
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Koreader app has its own set of dictionaries that offers the closest fuzzy match. When you know the language already well enough, you can pick the right root word from those matches.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:01 AM   #17
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Koreader app has its own set of dictionaries that offers the closest fuzzy match.
Fuzzy matching might work for languages with little inflection such as English, but I don't think it'll work for highly inflective languages such as Russian.
IMHO, it'd best, if the KOReader developers added proper StarDict inflection support. (This feature has been requested for many years, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in adding proper inflection support.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2020, 04:44 AM   #18
AFederico
AFederico began at the beginning.

Device: none
I spend too much time on screens(phone+laptop+TV), I'd like to stay off screen at least while reading a book, and as far as I'm concerned kindle device offers enough confort. So, I'm looking for a solution for this kind of device, not for mobile or pc.

I noticed that Smirnitsky dictionary doesn't treat the words that starts with capital letters. I noticed also that it offers direct translation only for 1 of the 2 aspects of the verb, for the second aspect you need to click the 'full definition' button. I imagine that the dictionary should be 3 times bigger to cover this problems, but that would represent a good improvement of the tool.
AFederico is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
declension, dictionary, integrated, russian