Old 02-14-2019, 11:18 AM   #16
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Cool PDFs and eInk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
One thing to keep in mind is that my eInk devices are used basically for epub fiction. While I will use them for PDFs in an emergency, my iPad Pro or my laptop are my goto devices for PDFs of which most are tech manuals.
Ditto, I mostly use tablets to read PDFs and PDF fiction is rather the exception in my library

[INCANUS]
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 03:46 AM   #17
doki43
Enthusiast
doki43 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Otaku2255, you never updated this thread! Did you notice a speed up improvement after upgrading the SD?
doki43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2021, 07:52 AM   #18
Barruel
Enthusiast
Barruel began at the beginning.

Device: 3 x Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 3 Manga Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There are no issue with using directories. In calibre, I use the template:

Code:
{library}/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
Which uses a directory for each of my calibre libraries and then a subdirectory for each author. And each book uses the title and author for the file name. The library name is there simply to reduce the number of directories in the root.
With the amount of books the OP has in the device, DB size is gonna be a problem, because for each kepub the db stores several entries. If the title and author are in each of them, you are facing a several GB DB size. With epub it won't be as bad, but it will still be big.

I also have a large microSD card and have the Kobo driver configured with the template

Code:
Books/{author_sort:shorten(1,,0)}{title:shorten(1,,0)}/{id}
This puts every book under /Books and a directory named after the first letter of the book and the title. I did that because I didn't want a folder with thousands of files. The actual kepub file is named after its ID in Calibre DB.

This slims DB a lot, and even with that it is not slim. It has a downside, which is that is that you won't be able to match the kepub file with the book just by looking at the file name and you'll depend on Calibre to manage the books is the device.

Last edited by Barruel; 12-24-2021 at 07:54 AM.
Barruel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clara hd, response-time, sd cards