Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #16
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
After you click on download, you'll get that pop up where you can choose to open, save or cancel. Click on OPEN to start the download to ADE on your computer.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:02 AM   #17
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenccyang View Post
I downloaded the files but they are .acsm files. Is that the right format??? Also, after I've downloaded, how do I get them onto my Sony?? Please help. Thanks!
An .ACSM file is a download link that Adobe Digital Editions uses. After you have ADE installed (if you didn't already) just click the .ACSM file and it should open in ADE and download the .ePub book to your computer.

Note: You have to use ADE to load the book onto your Sony since the .ePub file is protected with DRM, if you know how to remove DRM, great, but we can't give instructions on Mobile Read.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #18
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Note: You have to use ADE to load the book onto your Sony since the .ePub file is protected with DRM, if you know how to remove DRM, great, but we can't give instructions on Mobile Read.

No you don't. If the Sony Reader for PC is your default program for ebooks then you simply Open the file and it'll load right into the Sony program. I get my library books like that all the time.

And since I hate using the software to transfer my books to my reader I then close the program, connect my reader to my computer & drag & drop the file to my reader. Works like a charm no DRM removal necessary.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
No you don't. If the Sony Reader for PC is your default program for ebooks then you simply Open the file and it'll load right into the Sony program. I get my library books like that all the time.
... and you're using ADE to do so. It just so happens that ADE is built into Sony's library software.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #20
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
... and you're using ADE to do so. It just so happens that ADE is built into Sony's library software.
Ok but that's a technicality. What I was meaning was that you don't have to open the ADE program and then import it into the Sony program. You can open the file directly into Reader for PC without having to open the ADE program.

The fact that ADE is working in the background is nice and makes life much easier certainly but it's not a two step process to get the book from the ADE software to Sony's Reader for PC.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Agreed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote