Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?
1 eInk display (8"), iLiad's functionality for $699 5 71.43%
1 eInk display (8"), iLiad's functionality, 2 year subscription for $499 + 20/month 1 14.29%
2 eInk displays (8") (like 1 sheet of paper), iLiad's functionality for $999 1 14.29%
2 eInk displays (8") (as above), iLiad's functionality, 2 year subscription for $799 + $20/month 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2007, 01:01 AM   #16
citius
citius is on a distinguished road

Device: None
Haha

I'm not surprised. Most of those places are interested in price-gouging. It's absurd, really, but to some extent, I can see precisely why you'd not buy them. But consider this...

ebook readers need to be developed. That costs money.
People want more features for common acceptance. That also costs money.

I can pretty much see why the iLiad costs so much. Engineers hired for this express job aren't cheap. Prototyping isn't cheap. Etc, etc. Get guys with bigger pockets to do this, and then we'll be golden.

Additionally, I'll be that mobileread.org people are part of the top 1% - or less - of normal humans. We're most likely the most demanding - or practical - of all users, but logically the most likely to lead the market. Hrmm...are we a good sample set of the population's preferences?
citius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:51 AM   #17
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
I would like to see a DIN A4 eInk Reader =).
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert