Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 12-05-2018, 11:35 AM   #16
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
This was an interesting topic, sun surfer. I had fun searching for books to nominate!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:05 PM   #17
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I'm glad you liked it. The nominations are intriguing so I'm happy but it's making deciding what to vote for as hard as ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
You had me at "very Japanese." I speak the language on a rudimentary level and adore the literature. I will definitely second this one
About all I know of the Japanese language is 'arigato'. For some years we had a member who was fond of nominating Japanese literature; it's a pity your paths didn't cross in the club!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2018, 02:24 PM   #18
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I will start with these votes. The book cover for The Traveling Cat Chronicles is so pretty!

The Travelling Cat Chronicles - 2
And the Mountains Echoed - 1
Oscar and Lucinda - 1
The Heart's Invisible Furies - 1
Old 12-08-2018, 09:17 PM   #19
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Basically 3 books took my fancy equally, and another looking good too, so here's all my 7 votes.

The Travelling Cat Chronicles - 2
The Heart's Invisible Furies - 2
Oscar & Lucinda - 2
And the Mountains Echoed - 1
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:31 AM   #20
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here’s my votes:

-2 to Death of the Heart
-1 to Oscar & Lucinda
-1 to The Travelling Cat Chronicles
-1 to Letter to My Daughter
-1 to The Heart’s Invisible Furies
-1 to Endless Love

I think there’s a little over seven hours left to vote!
Advert
Old 12-09-2018, 11:44 AM   #21
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

Voting is complete and the winner is The Travelling Cat Chronicles! The discussion thread will be up soon.

Also, there's still a little time left to post any ideas for January's topic in the general discussion thread before we put one forward.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:52 AM   #22
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

The discussion thread is up!

I'm looking forward to it; I haven't had a cat since I was a child but I'm an animal lover. I noticed as I was gathering book covers that it seems there's a Japanese film adaptation of the book.

This month had a really strong slate of options in my opinion; thanks Bookworm_Girl and AnotherCat for the nominations!
Old 12-12-2018, 12:18 PM   #23
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

I really liked the selections this month too and have added several to my wishlist for the future.