Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-19-2016, 11:56 AM   #16
jimdays
jimdays began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch WP63GW
I have read through the above info and will try to solve the problem Sunday. I will report back. However, I still didn't see any solution to address the problem: When I connect the Kindle Fire to a Windows computer via USB cable, the new external SD card does not show in Windows file manager, only the Kindle Fire internal storage shows up in the Windows file manager. I have a lot of movies on the Windows computer I simply want to transfer to the Kindle external SD card. The Kindle Fire internal storage is nearly full. Using the above suggestions, I guess I will be able to first transfer the movies via USB cable from the Windows computer to the Kindle internal storage ( already can do this- no problem), then using ES file manager on the Kindle to move the movies from the Kindle Fire internal storage to the Kindle Fire external SD card. This method is less convenient than directly transferring the movies from Windows to Kindle Fire external SD card. This is my friend's Kindle. If it is true that files cannot be transferred directly from Windows to Kindle Fire external SD card, I want to know this. If this is the case, in the future, if I am offered a free Kindle Fire, I would decline the offer. To be more clear, below I have posted a Windows screenshot of my $10 Walmart Android device when connected to a Windows computer via USB cable. See red circle "SD card". This is what I want to see when I connect the Kindle Fire to Windows computer. Another simple way to solve this problem (although slightly inconvenient), is to remove the Kindle Fire SD card, and insert into micro SD card reader, transfer files from Windows computer to SD card, insert SD card back into Kindle Fire. Then I can watch the movies on the Kindle Fire.

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-20-2016 at 06:51 AM.
jimdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 02:20 PM   #17
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
The only Problem Videos I have are AMAZON! It seems to take DAYS to DL them
If Amazon videos won't download to the sd card you should contact Amazon support.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2016, 06:17 PM   #18
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
If Amazon videos won't download to the sd card you should contact Amazon support.
I have they have no clue. & wont replace since it working abet S-L-O-W-L-Y
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:53 AM   #19
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

jimdays:
Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:38 AM   #20
jimdays
jimdays began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch WP63GW
(reposting image to comply with TOS)
Still trying to find answer to this question: How can I make new Kindle Fire with inserted micro SD card show up when connected to Windows computer via usb cable? Below example picture is what I want to see (see red circle). Presently I can only see (and read/write to) the Kindle internal storage.
jimdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2016, 01:30 PM   #21
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdays View Post
(reposting image to comply with TOS)
Still trying to find answer to this question: How can I make new Kindle Fire with inserted micro SD card show up when connected to Windows computer via usb cable? Below example picture is what I want to see (see red circle). Presently I can only see (and read/write to) the Kindle internal storage.
Do you have it connected as MTP or camera? Look in the notification bar while it's plugged in - you should be able to change it from there. You can't see the sd card if it's connected as a camera device. You might want to try another cable as well. My pc couldn't see me device at all until I switched cables.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:57 PM   #22
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Only way I found to SEE the SDCard on my Windows 8.1 PC is to Open Fire Then you will see the picture you posted. When Side Loading in the List that drops down ALL I see is the Fire. Just No Way to get to the SDCard! There is now way to Transfer items OFF the Main HD on to the SDCard. That I have found. When you Toggle those switches to the On position in Settings>Storage things you DL to the Fire are suppose to go there. But on my Fire 10 they Don't! I Forced the Apps on to the SDCard. That ALL that show on my card.

Purple Lady I tried what you posted all it did was mess up my Fire. Couldn't even Conect to WiFi ... had to Uninstall the ES App.

Last edited by Barbara1955; 03-20-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:25 AM   #23
Dusky Rose
Connoisseur
Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Ipad mini retina, Kindle Voyage and Fire
Quote:
The Only way I found to SEE the SDCard on my Windows 8.1 PC is to Open Fire Then you will see the picture you posted.

Then that part is working okay. That's what you should see.

When sideloading from Windows, it should work for files they allow you to see. They may not allow you to see video files, as they don't want people messing with those. And I found that it's very slow to move anything from the SD card to main memory, or from main memory to the SD card.

So it may be loading vids to the SD card, but you can't see them. About the only way I know to tell for sure is to remove the vids, and see how much memory you have on the main memory, and how much on the SD. Then load vids and see which one now has less space on it.

I've just side loaded Epub files, and they copied fine on the SD card. The only ways to see them is through ES app. And as long as I have Aldiko installed, they open fine.

Last edited by Dusky Rose; 03-21-2016 at 10:21 AM.
Dusky Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:25 PM   #24
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

48 HOUR & Counting to Dl an Amazon Movie is a bit SLOWWW to me!
Old 03-21-2016, 05:25 PM   #25
Dusky Rose
Connoisseur
Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusky Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
48 HOUR & Counting to Dl an Amazon Movie is a bit SLOWWW to me!
Could it be your connection speed?

Just out of curiosity, I downloaded a movie to my Fire just to see what it would do. I didn't have any on there before.

I looked to see how much space I had on each one, and changed the settings to download movies to the SD card.

I downloaded a movie, and according to what was left on the SD card, it loaded it there just fine. No change in the internal memory space.

But looking at it from Windows, there's no seeing the movie anywhere. So I don't think they let you see any movies that you load to the SD card. But the space used is still there.

I tried to pick HD quality, but didn't have the space for it, so just picked the lowest definition, and it was about 665.6 megabytes, and took about 30 minutes to download.

So, it may be that you're selecting a really large file, and your wifi is slow, and the machine just isn't meant to handle Vids very well. It can do it, but it's not the fastest processor in the world and with a slow wifi, it's just not moving along very fast.

I'd try to see if you see any difference in space when loading to the SD card, and make sure you're selecting the lower quality vid. And maybe reset your router, and see if that helps to pick up some speed.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:33 PM   #26
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

1 Hour 45 Min Movie Took 36!!! Freaking Hours!
Same Movie took 30 Mins to DL on my Amazon Fire Phone.
Dusky you sound like Amazon EXCUSES! BTW DL the Same Movie using the Vudu App 20 MINS!
It really gets me how people think 36 Hours is Normal! NOT!
Old 03-21-2016, 05:48 PM   #27
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
1 Hour 45 Min Movie Took 36!!! Freaking Hours!
Same Movie took 30 Mins to DL on my Amazon Fire Phone.
Dusky you sound like Amazon EXCUSES! BTW DL the Same Movie using the Vudu App 20 MINS!
It really gets me how people think 36 Hours is Normal! NOT!
Maybe it's your sd card? A cheap sd card can be slow, but I wouldn't think that slow. How long does it take to download a movie to internal storage? Turn off the switch in settings and try to download again.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:01 PM   #28
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I already said Several time how long it take to DL to my HD. No the Card is Not Cheap. Its What Amazon says to buy. Sandisk (10) 128 gig Besides the movies are Not going On the card! Not one movies of 20 I DL is on the Card!

What do you folks thin I been complaining about? Nothing I DL goes on the Dang Card! & What I DL takes DAYS! Direct from Amazon. Any place else takes Mins. What I try to Stream Amazon Movie it Buffers 10 sec play 15-20 min Buffering for the Next 10 Second play.
I have No Problems with my Vudu Movies!
I sure loosing out watching Any Amzon Prime Movies.. Piece of crap Fire

Last edited by Barbara1955; 03-21-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:20 PM   #29
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I already said Several time how long it take to DL to my HD. No the Card is Not Cheap. Its What Amazon says to buy. Sandisk (10) 128 gig Besides the movies are Not going On the card! Not one movies of 20 I DL is on the Card!

What do you folks thin I been complaining about? Nothing I DL goes on the Dang Card! & What I DL takes DAYS! Direct from Amazon. Any place else takes Mins. What I try to Stream Amazon Movie it Buffers 10 sec play 15-20 min Buffering for the Next 10 Second play.
I have No Problems with my Vudu Movies!
I sure loosing out watching Any Amzon Prime Movies.. Piece of crap Fire
Sorry for trying to help.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:34 PM   #30
Dusky Rose
Connoisseur

I'm also sorry for trying to help, Katie.

I won't be trying any more.