Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-13-2020, 03:55 PM   #16
harriska2
Addict
harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Pro
I'm on Mojave with a newer Paperwhite (4?) and this happened. The macOS didn't see it. I switched cables and low and behold it pops up. Once it popped up in Finder (on the left side as "Kindle"), it then showed up in Calibre.
harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 03:08 PM   #17
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleReader36 View Post
I have an iMac if that helps, a Kindle Paperwhite and the USB. I've tried everything, unplugging and replugging, restarting the computer, restarting the kindle, replugging into another port, nothing works. My computer will charge the Kindle, but it won't show up. I just got a few books off a website I really want to add to my Kindle Paperwhite, but it just plain won't work. My iMac won't read it! Please help
I have this either with every Paperwhite I own, and my Fires, happens randomly with my home computer without rhyme or reason. While it makes no sense, I have found when I can't get any USB cables to work, finding the cable the kindle came with for some reason will have it be read. The cables are always fine by themselves -- other devices are picked up by them. For me, it's a weird bug that I've just lived with for years now. Oddly the issue does not happen on the very rare times I hook to my work computer, which is cheap and basic. I don't have the best home computer setup in the world, but it's definitely better than my work computer.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2021, 03:19 PM   #18
ferdelancexl
ferdelancexl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
I have this either with every Paperwhite I own, and my Fires, happens randomly with my home computer without rhyme or reason. While it makes no sense, I have found when I can't get any USB cables to work, finding the cable the kindle came with for some reason will have it be read. The cables are always fine by themselves -- other devices are picked up by them. For me, it's a weird bug that I've just lived with for years now. Oddly the issue does not happen on the very rare times I hook to my work computer, which is cheap and basic. I don't have the best home computer setup in the world, but it's definitely better than my work computer.
This may seem obvious, but there are USB cables out there where the manufacturer has disconnected the data wires internally for whatever reason. These cables can only be used to charge devices and will not allow you to use them to transfer data. For example, if you try to use your Ring doorbell camera battery charging cable to charge your Kindle, it'll work, but you won't get your computer to recognize it as a drive.
ferdelancexl is offline   Reply With Quote