Device: Kindle 3
Forgive the double post, here's Wired's review:

http://www.wired.com/reviews/product/pr_kindle3
daroga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 01:11 PM   #18
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Deleted.

Last edited by clintbradford; 08-23-2010 at 07:14 PM.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #19
Cosmo Spring
Will read for food
Cosmo Spring doesn't litterCosmo Spring doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX-G
When can we expect to see a real thread about real reviews? User reviews are so much better than schlock they call "hands-on" reviews at these magazines. I learned nothing new about the K3 from any of them! In fact, I may have gotten dumber for reading them.

Can't wait to see MRers doing real real reviews!
Cosmo Spring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #20
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyr View Post
Hi all, I'm new here today. Well mine is supposed to ship on the 27th and I chose 2 day delivery. Can't wait, it's my first ereader!
welcome to your newest addiction!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #21
uclaser
Connoisseur
uclaser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cOMvAHLjJw
heres a 12 min review on it
uclaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #22
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyr View Post
Hi all, I'm new here today. Well mine is supposed to ship on the 27th and I chose 2 day delivery. Can't wait, it's my first ereader!
Welcome, tommyr. You will love your kindle, and you have found the right place to learn to do more with it. If you have any questions, you will find this is a very helpful bunch.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:26 PM   #23
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

Device: KSO, NookColor (CM7.1), Samsung Mesmerize
Quote:
Originally Posted by uclaser View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cOMvAHLjJw
heres a 12 min review on it
Interesting. This seems to kind of confirm my suspicions that the pearl screen isn't going to be anything earth-shattering. Better, yes. 50% better, maybe, but it doesn't look quite that much in the videos I've seen of this or the dxg
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:38 PM   #24
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
That was a good video, but with regards to the refresh rate, I didnt actually notice all that much difference.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:03 AM   #25
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I notice with the K3 the title bar disappears when he turns the page. So I assume that bar (with the book title, battery and wifi connectivity display) is only displayed when you initially open the ebook.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #26
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Amazon says its the best...what else do you need to know?
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:22 PM   #27
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
Amazon says its the best...what else do you need to know?
According to a number of anxious people out there, "When will my Kindle arrive?"
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote