Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-25-2023, 05:57 PM   #16
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupan88 View Post
Anyone here reading in Japanese on Scribe? When I set a custom font the position of smaller characters is misaligned to the top. There's no such behaviour on Oasis. Where can I submit such bugs?
There is a Contact Us on the Scribe itself: Settings|Help & User Guides|Contact Us| and then Other Issue (they will call a phone number) or Feedback (to report issues).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 10:56 PM   #17
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara 2E, Libra 2, Libra Colour
Wow, I have wanted two column view on the kindle forever! I can’t believe they have finally given us this. The update just downloaded and I came here to find out about it. Maybe they'll bring back the progress bar next!

ETA. I don’t see an option for two column view, maybe it will refresh itself soon and be added.
EATA. I just synced and it showed up, looks great and I think I finally found my forever ereader. Absolutely delighted with this.

Contrast adjustment will be great too.

Last edited by Pjama; 04-25-2023 at 11:02 PM.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2023, 08:52 AM   #18
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I hate the update. It never gave me a two column view that I can see. The three dots on the top right disappear and reappear at random so most of the time I cant access that menu. Also the ability to go back to the home screen or library stops working and I have to reboot to go back. I may have to do a complete reset of my device
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 11:36 AM   #19
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I hate the update. It never gave me a two column view that I can see. The three dots on the top right disappear and reappear at random so most of the time I cant access that menu. Also the ability to go back to the home screen or library stops working and I have to reboot to go back. I may have to do a complete reset of my device
Don't reset it. All you need is go into settings and back out, and you can go back again to home or library. Try syncing, restarting, syncing, and restarting again. That should turn everything on
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 12:37 PM   #20
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The disappearing home/library button has an easy workaround: tap Store icon then close Store.

Two column option is only for KFX. Try Sync and Restart, it should show up for those.
Advert
Old 04-26-2023, 03:38 PM   #21
mikeschr
Connoisseur
mikeschr is on a distinguished road

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara
I send a lot of crossword puzzles in PDF to the Scribe, and the contrast slider is a godsend. The fonts on some of them are very thin and the increased contrast is great.
mikeschr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 04:31 PM   #22
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara 2E, Libra 2, Libra Colour
I wish they would do another update and remove the horrid noose screensaver. I’m reading The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich right now so I can either see a swastika or a noose when my Scribe sleeps. I feel Amazon is trying to program me to top myself with that screensaver. It reminds me of And Then There Were None - the power of suggestion. (It’s not actually a noose, it’s a tire hanging from a tree, but it never fails to make me think about hanging myself - I think it is a very insensitive choice, particularly in this country, with its racial history. Awful.)

I also use my Scribe for puzzles and am pleased to see a contrast selector.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 07:34 PM   #23
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I wish they would do another update and remove the horrid noose screensaver. I’m reading The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich right now so I can either see a swastika or a noose when my Scribe sleeps. I feel Amazon is trying to program me to top myself with that screensaver. It reminds me of And Then There Were None - the power of suggestion. (It’s not actually a noose, it’s a tire hanging from a tree, but it never fails to make me think about hanging myself - I think it is a very insensitive choice, particularly in this country, with its racial history. Awful.)

I also use my Scribe for puzzles and am pleased to see a contrast selector.
Custom screensavers would be nice, maybe a notebook. Or at least give notebooks that stay on the screen when sleeping. On that note, there needs to be more colors when drawing. The eraser sucks. I wish it had at least three choices: black, white, and erase as colors.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:02 PM   #24
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
On that note, there needs to be more colors when drawing. The eraser sucks. I wish it had at least three choices: black, white, and erase as colors.
I can understand wanting more 'colors' for the drawing tools: e.g. more than one grey for the highlighter, maybe even black (for 'redaction').

And also a way to reverse color from black to white for all of them, in case you are marking up something with white text on black background.

But eraser should not have colors as such: it should erase whatever strokes are laid down by the drawing tools so the original document is 'clean' again.

Perhaps I don't understand your use cases.
Old 04-26-2023, 11:11 PM   #25
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I can understand wanting more 'colors' for the drawing tools: e.g. more than one grey for the highlighter, maybe even black (for 'redaction').

And also a way to reverse color from black to white for all of them, in case you are marking up something with white text on black background.

But eraser should not have colors as such: it should erase whatever strokes are laid down by the drawing tools so the original document is 'clean' again.

Perhaps I don't understand your use cases.
Yes, quite right, you misunderstood my intent. The eraser should get rid of things, always. The problem is, it is very clumsy and even the smallest setting is huge and unpredictable. It previews one way, and gets even bigger when you let go. The other writing/drawing tools should have white to write on dark backgrounds, multiple shades of highlighter including white. This way so you can shade in highlights. The pressure sensitivity works great on the pencil, for example. But you can only make things progressively darker. A smear or blend tool would be nice, too. I guess I am asking for chalk (black and white) and a finger, maybe a wet finger.

ETA: the extra erase color would be useful if you are drawing on a Send to Kindle converted PDF, so that you can (progressively) let the background show through.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 04-26-2023 at 11:23 PM.
Old 04-27-2023, 09:48 AM   #26
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I reset it and its working normal. Real annoying but at least books download faster on the Scribe than the other models.
Old 04-27-2023, 12:50 PM   #27
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

And while we're piling on with drawing requests, I'd like some Shape tools (circles, rectangles etc).

But the most annoying missing feature for me is still lack of Print Replica functionality. It is nowhere close to replacing the legacy PDF functionality at present (apart from some use cases like pen and pencil puzzles, which work great).
Old 04-27-2023, 12:51 PM   #28
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I reset it and its working normal. Real annoying but at least books download faster on the Scribe than the other models.
Should not have required Reset. I did Restart, Sync, Restart and it showed up.

Last edited by tomsem; 04-27-2023 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-29-2023, 07:47 PM   #29
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Should not have required Reset. I did Restart, Sync, Restart and it showed up.

Nope works better now i reset it
Old 04-29-2023, 07:57 PM   #30
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Nope works better now i reset it
Can you elaborate on 'better'? Would you recommend Reset?