Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-01-2013, 03:36 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo09 View Post
Ok, i think i will buy the nook st then. I was worried that text would look blurry compared to the paperwhite, but judging from the responses the display quality is good enough. Thanks!
A lower resolution won't make the text blurry; at worst it will look more pixilated.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #17
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour, Kindle Fire, Kindle Pwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I can't tell the difference and find my Nook ST to be very clear, but I'm farsighted and wear reading glasses and find it helps to increase the font size even with the glasses on. You might or might not be able to tell the difference, depending on your eyes. Do you have a way to physically look at the readers you're choosing between?
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #18
yoyo09
yoyo09 began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A lower resolution won't make the text blurry; at worst it will look more pixilated.
at least on the computer and with my eyesight, i don't see larger pixels with less resolution, i just see less definition, that 's what i meant with blurry
yoyo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #19
yoyo09
yoyo09 began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
I can't tell the difference and find my Nook ST to be very clear, but I'm farsighted and wear reading glasses and find it helps to increase the font size even with the glasses on. You might or might not be able to tell the difference, depending on your eyes. Do you have a way to physically look at the readers you're choosing between?
i'm just going to go with the nook and then resell it if i don't get used to it, but from the responses i think it will be fine
yoyo09 is offline   Reply With Quote