Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 02-16-2018, 09:19 AM   #256
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Has anybody thought of any good books for April? I'm still working on it.
Right now, I'm thinking along general lines and not specifics.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:20 AM   #257
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I've got several in mind, but I'm pretty sure I know which my first one will be. But too early to think about it much yet. We've still got two weeks, after all.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2018, 09:35 AM   #258
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I have a couple of books vaguely in mind, but haven't checked to see if they're available outside the U.S.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:39 AM   #259
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That, at least, I've got covered! No DRM, and completely FREE. Plus not overly short and written in the last two decades. (Have I missed anything? <G>)
Old 02-16-2018, 09:51 AM   #260
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
That, at least, I've got covered! No DRM, and completely FREE. Plus not overly short and written in the last two decades. (Have I missed anything? <G>)
Yes; and I know what it is.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2018, 09:55 AM   #261
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Shouldn't be too hard to figure. But I'm NOT going to suggest that we just skip the nominations and voting and go direct to reading it. Well, OK, at least not seriously.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:00 AM   #262
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I'm thinking it might be one of two books. One is SF and the other not SF.

Last edited by JSWolf; 02-16-2018 at 10:06 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:03 AM   #263
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No idea. Please tell me it's not science fiction.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:13 AM   #264
CRussel
(he/him/his)

You'll all just have to wait and see.

I'll say this -- it's a great book, an excellent read, and a bit longer than I might have proposed for the old MR club, but with our extra time, it should be OK. Plus we've had a couple of short books, so there's room for some length.

I'll also add that one should never rule out any book just because of genre. I've found good books in (virtually) every genre, and bad books in just as many. One of the things I'm really loving about the new club is that we're never restricted on genre or even fiction v. non-fiction. We can take any given month in any direction that we want. And I'm sure sometimes that will mean science fiction, sometimes mysteries, and even fantasy. But other times I trust we'll choose books that fit no particular genre, but are none-the-less compelling, as we have for the first two selections.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:25 AM   #265
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You'll all just have to wait and see.

I'll say this -- it's a great book, an excellent read, and a bit longer than I might have proposed for the old MR club, but with our extra time, it should be OK. Plus we've had a couple of short books, so there's room for some length.

I'll also add that one should never rule out any book just because of genre. I've found good books in (virtually) every genre, and bad books in just as many. One of the things I'm really loving about the new club is that we're never restricted on genre or even fiction v. non-fiction. We can take any given month in any direction that we want. And I'm sure sometimes that will mean science fiction, sometimes mysteries, and even fantasy. But other times I trust we'll choose books that fit no particular genre, but are none-the-less compelling, as we have for the first two selections.
With a few (very few) exceptions, science fiction makes me cringe.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #266
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've a list of 7 books so far.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:42 PM   #267
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
I've got several in mind, but I'm pretty sure I know which my first one will be. But too early to think about it much yet. We've still got two weeks, after all.
If it is the one I am guessing I may have to try to preempt your nomination. I have been meaning to read it for a while.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #268
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
If it is the one I am guessing I may have to try to preempt your nomination. I have been meaning to read it for a while.
It doesn't matter who nominates it.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:15 PM   #269
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Aw, c'mon guys, somebody please tell me!

ETA: Never mind.

Last edited by Catlady; 02-16-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #270
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Aw, c'mon guys, somebody please tell me!

ETA: Never mind.
We just like to tease. I take it you figured it out, however.