Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #226
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moon+ occasionally (eg in some Agatha Christie books I have) does very weird things in its "processing" of the book: in the case of these Agatha Christie books, the entire book was repeated twice - ie it went from chapter 1 to the end, then started again at chapter 1! For synch oddball cases, OnyxReader comes in very useful, because it displays the book exactly "as is", with no attempt to "process" it.

For most books, I prefer the extra flexibility of Moon+.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:03 PM   #227
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST-One View Post
That's why I prefer to adjust the css (without converting); I want my books to look the same (no line-spacing, font-size, font, margins), regardless on what device I read them. But for that I need readers that honour the css.
But with Moon+ I don't need to edit. Much easier - add book to Calibre, send to ereader, done.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2014, 04:42 PM   #228
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
But with Moon+ I don't need to edit. Much easier - add book to Calibre, send to ereader, done.
In that case you have an imperfect book in your library, which may not look good on a reader with different or less capabilities.

I for one don't really care for that. To be honest, I'm glad ebooks are getting better and better, so my ebook editing time is becoming shorter and shorter. Nowadays, I often only remove fonts and related CSS, and the extra whitespace between paragraphs that some books have, and I'm done.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:18 AM   #229
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
In that case you have an imperfect book in your library, which may not look good on a reader with different or less capabilities.

I for one don't really care for that. To be honest, I'm glad ebooks are getting better and better, so my ebook editing time is becoming shorter and shorter. Nowadays, I often only remove fonts and related CSS, and the extra whitespace between paragraphs that some books have, and I'm done.
Yes, these days for me it's mostly a quick copy/paste-ing of a few rules and adding my preferred font(s).
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:03 AM   #230
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
There is a second T68 offer in Booxtor's ereader-store.eu without Sleep-Cover but with USB-Carger for 179€
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2014, 05:14 PM   #231
gloriousglib
gloriousglib began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Low Battery Crashes

So I am loving my Onyx Lynx, and the idea of an android tablet with Bluetooth functioning on eink, except for a few very prominent glitches. Probably the most troublesome is the fact that when the battery lowers to close to 50%, the Lynx tends to reboot. And then often hit a boot loop. Often the rebooting is prompted by using WiFi, turning WiFi on, plugging the Lynx in, or doing something resource intensive, but these reboots never happen when I am more fully charged. Further, if my Lynx is plugged in when below a certain charge (this starts at a pretty full charge - around 75% I'd say), it will reboot and enter a boot loop. This happens also if I power on the Lynx below a certain power while it's plugged in. And for plugging in to the PC, the same occurs by roughly the same battery percentage.

The other issue is the touch reception, as has been discussed already in this thread. In the app drawer, for instance, if I try to click an app anywhere, it usually hits the settings button first (the dropdown with manage applications). Then I have to click off and click again. Often when I click something, say an OK button, it will highlight to black. But it won't actually click, as if I were holding the mouse over it and not releasing. I have to click again to actually make it click.

I'm on the latest firmware and I'm really hoping future updates will fix these issues!
gloriousglib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #232
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xev View Post
You can use "Full!screen" app on Google PlayStore
It works great, but when there is the full screen mode it's no possible for me to refresh the page with the botton on right side: how could i resolve this problem? :-(
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 03:53 AM   #233
afainber
Connoisseur
afainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Inkbook Explore
full!screen kills the service that displays the status bar. That same service is responsible for the forced refreshes. Therefore, you cannot both use full!screen and the standard force refresh method at the same time.
afainber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:04 PM   #234
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by afainber View Post
full!screen kills the service that displays the status bar. That same service is responsible for the forced refreshes. Therefore, you cannot both use full!screen and the standard force refresh method at the same time.
I've understand. Thanks a lot for helping
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:17 AM   #235
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Remarkable 1, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by afainber View Post
+1

I was using this to force full screen on Moon+ & ezPDF.

Is there any other way to force full screen on Moon+ & ezPDF?

Thanks,
Jp
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:13 AM   #236
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx i86+, Lenovo tab s8-50, Galaxy Mega, Transformer T100
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=261625 :
"onyx t76 plus" = "onyx t68 plus" ?
pierro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:36 AM   #237
freelancewriter
Banned
freelancewriter began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx T68
Do you think Onyx will update the firmware to 4.4 which enables "zram"?

https://source.android.com/devices/t...m/low-ram.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zram
freelancewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:04 PM   #238
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, I think it's vanishingly unlikely that the T68 will ever be upgraded to Android 4.4, and neither would I want it to be, with all the security restrictions that would impose. Would you want those restrictions?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:05 PM   #239
freelancewriter
Banned
freelancewriter began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx T68
My phone runs 5.x and honestly I'm not sure what you're talking about. Care to explain? Cause I think if you're referring to the limitation of writing to the SD card, it's more or less resolved already.

And newer Android has better battery life & low RAM support, among other things.

Thanks.

P.S. While we're at it, it would be kind of you if you can point me to a link explaining/comparing the differences between the 4 built-in reader - OReader, FBReader, OnyxReader and Onyx Neo Reader - Would be even better if Moon+ and Mantano are evaluated as well.

Last edited by freelancewriter; 07-09-2015 at 12:11 PM.
freelancewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 02:25 AM   #240
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancewriter View Post
My phone runs 5.x and honestly I'm not sure what you're talking about. Care to explain? Cause I think if you're referring to the limitation of writing to the SD card, it's more or less resolved already.

And newer Android has better battery life & low RAM support, among other things.
Harry was talking about 4.4 vs 4.0 not 5.0 vs 4.0. I don't think we'll ever see an upgrade to 5.0. Especially considering how about every single Android device maker maybe makes one (major) upgrade for that device. In the two years I've had a Windows phone, I've had more major updates than I've had in 5 years with Android devices (two devices, one update each).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote