Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-08-2023, 11:10 AM   #2236
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
@JSWolf: Material inside a quote can be truncated but it cannot be altered. A disclaimer doesn’t make it ok.

Last edited by issybird; 09-08-2023 at 11:13 AM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 01:41 PM   #2237
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why was his post approved?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2023, 05:50 PM   #2238
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why was his post approved?
It wasn't. Not all first posts go to auto-moderation. I deleted it as soon as I saw it -- which is why members should use the report button. It speeds up the process.
Old 09-08-2023, 06:15 PM   #2239
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
It wasn't. Not all first posts go to auto-moderation. I deleted it as soon as I saw it -- which is why members should use the report button. It speeds up the process.
Thanks. I thought it was all posts from a new user that were moderated.
Old 09-08-2023, 06:23 PM   #2240
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Thanks. I thought it was all posts from a new user that were moderated.
Nope. Most aren't, in fact. Location and the type of post (includes a link) are the major factors in needing approval for noobs.
Advert
Old 11-14-2023, 01:44 PM   #2241
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I updated the original post with information about DeDRM supporting KFX now. It's under the Kindle for PC section. I also tidied up some other parts of the post.

I figure if Amazon is monitoring this thread, they'd also have been monitoring jhowell's Dealing with Kindle thread in Calibre subforum.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 06:03 PM   #2242
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I figure if Amazon is monitoring this thread, they'd also have been monitoring jhowell's Dealing with Kindle thread in Calibre subforum.
I updated my post because the cat is already out of the bag as far as DeDRM 10.0.9 is concerned, since the producers of Epubor made a point of announcing that their new version (using code borrowed from DeDRM without attribution) handles the latest (at the time) KFX DRM used by Kindle for PC.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 08:18 PM   #2243
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

God, I despise Epubor.
Old 11-15-2023, 01:15 AM   #2244
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Oasis 3 and Scribe
Quote:
The latest version (2.10) of Kindle for PC (...) can now be used!
I confirm it also works on the very latest version currently available for download on the Amazon website (2.2.70623).
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 06:09 AM   #2245
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Thank you, @BionicGecko. I accidentally let update my older version of Kindle4PC to 1.30 and let it be since the new tools work for now and I want some recently published books.
To download a recently published book today it asked me to manually download and install the newest version of Kindle4PC again, and was wary if I would be able to read my book in my Kobo with this newest version, but for now all is well.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 07:37 AM   #2246
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
God, I despise Epubor.
So do I. I won't even help anyone that's had anything to do with them.
Old 11-15-2023, 01:37 PM   #2247
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
I confirm it also works on the very latest version currently available for download on the Amazon website (2.2.70623).
Thanks, updated the original post. Very interesting that they updated right after I modified the post.
Old 11-20-2023, 12:32 PM   #2248
steinarb
Enthusiast
steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Sony PRS T-1
What version should work?

What version of things should work?

I tried DeDRM 10.0.9 with KFX 2.5.0 on calibre 7.0 on debian yesterday, tried to open a KFX file downloaded earlier.

The file imported fine but when I tried converting it to ePub I'm told: This book is locked by DRM and you cannot read or convert this book in calibre.

Should the above setup have worked?

Or is it Amazon that has clamped down on things again?

Or does it have to be a fresh download using a recent version of kindle? The book was downloaded on November 11 2022, i.e. a year ago (which is probably around the time I gave up buying ebooks on amazon).

Thanks!
steinarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 03:15 PM   #2249
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
@steinarb
Maybe. Ask over at GitHub.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 04:40 AM   #2250
mitra1
Zealot
mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis 2,ONYX boox max lumi
https://mailchi.mp/feedbooks/37s7tkd5pm
Update the list in first post
mitra1 is offline   Reply With Quote