Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-02-2023, 07:02 PM   #2206
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'am-I-Am View Post
I'd think it's the users who are accountable - not Mobileread. It's just information.
And you'd be wrong. Hence the reason for Mobileread's policy. Individual semi-anonymous MR users are never going to be legally pursued or served takedown notices (warranted or not). Owners are.

You want to post links to Alf's blog, and to all those who have forked the original tools? Have at it. You want to announce that new versions have been released? No problem. Mention that something has broken the current methods? Sure thing.
Moderator Notice
But the owner of the Mobileread Forum does not want detailed DRM-removal instructions/discussions hosted on his servers. The End.

"It's just information" is a terrible oversimplification of a rather complex legal situation.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-02-2023 at 07:28 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 03:14 AM   #2207
MichaelKindle
MichaelKindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5.11.1.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'am-I-Am View Post
I kind of have to agree. It's just lip service considering what one can find here. As for "jurisdictions" mentioned, I'd think it's the users who are accountable - not Mobileread. It's just information.

Having said that, you can always try PMing someone.

https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliestext/thankyou.gif
MichaelKindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2023, 03:17 AM   #2208
MichaelKindle
MichaelKindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5.11.1.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
And you'd be wrong. Hence the reason for Mobileread's policy. Individual semi-anonymous MR users are never going to be legally pursued or served takedown notices (warranted or not). Owners are.

You want to post links to Alf's blog, and to all those who have forked the original tools? Have at it. You want to announce that new versions have been released? No problem. Mention that something has broken the current methods? Sure thing.
But the owner of the Mobileread Forum does not want detailed DRM-removal instructions/discussions hosted on his servers. The End.

"It's just information" is a terrible oversimplification of a rather complex legal situation.
Ok, I get it. Thanks for clarifying. MR is a super site!
MichaelKindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 03:22 PM   #2209
Ollonii
Ollonii began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Can't download books purchased on Aug 19th to any Kindle except PC

I have two Kindle Scribes, a Paperwhite (5th gen), and several other versions that I don't currently use. I've never had problems downloading and reading Kindle Versions of books I've purchased on Amazon until yesterday.

Two technical books I purchased directly from Amazon show up in my Library on the scribes, but cannot be downloaded. If I got to Manage Your Content on Amazon's website and try to download either book for transfer to a Kindle registered to my account, I get a message saying "You do not have any compatible devices registered for this content." The only reader I can download it to is the very latest version of Kindle for PC (which defeats the purpose of having the scribes and of purchasing the ebook).

Anyone else have this trouble? Is this a new DRM issue that Amazon pushed to publishing before enabling its Kindles?

I'm not trying to remove DRM (and I don't care about DRM as long as I have access to my purchased books), I'm just trying to read the books, mainly on the Scribes because the Scribe seems much better at displaying technical information than any of the other Kindle versions. Plus, I can take notes.

Thanks for any thoughts. Comments from Amazon particularly appreciated
Ollonii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 03:28 PM   #2210
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You'll have to give us the links to these eBooks so we can check if they are KFX only. If they are, that's why you are unable to download them.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-20-2023 at 03:31 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2023, 03:32 PM   #2211
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Amazon doesn't comment here.

They're probably books Amazon considers incompatible with eink. This information should be available on those books' webpages - a list of devices/apps they can be downloaded to.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 03:46 PM   #2212
Ollonii

Yes, I should have given the ASINs.

B07CVKH7BD - Operating System Concepts, 10th Edition
B09HBJR78P - Algorithms

Both are Kindle Editions and don't mention restrictions on Kindle version.
Old 08-20-2023, 03:47 PM   #2213
Ollonii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Amazon doesn't comment here.
I know - thus the smiley - but I wish the did.
Old 08-20-2023, 03:50 PM   #2214
Ollonii

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You'll have to give us the links to these eBooks so we can check if they are KFX only.
Absolutely, sorry. The ASINs are:

B09HBJR78P - Algorithms 1st Edition

Both are listed as Kindle Edidtions.
Old 08-20-2023, 03:53 PM   #2215
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollonii View Post
I know - thus the smiley - but I wish the did.
Can we please have the links to the eBooks so we can try to see what's what?

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-20-2023 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-20-2023, 03:56 PM   #2216
Ollonii

Ah. I see they've changed the message on the Algorithms page and the other one suggests it's only available on PCs. Hardly seems to be a "Kindle Edition."

Sorry for the bother.
Old 08-20-2023, 03:57 PM   #2217
Ollonii

Thanks. I submitted an answer right away but, it seems I've so little reputation, I must wait for a moderator.
Old 08-20-2023, 03:59 PM   #2218
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollonii View Post
Thanks. I submitted an answer right away but, it seems I've so little reputation, I must wait for a moderator.
Gotcha. It'll happen eventually. And eventually you'll not need moderation.
Old 08-20-2023, 04:03 PM   #2219
Ollonii

But I think I see the problem now. Both pages have been updated to say only PC versions can read the files. Not really "Kindle Versions", I'd say. Thanks, all.
Old 08-20-2023, 04:59 PM   #2220
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2

The above book is not compatible for eink. It says that on the ebook page. I expect you will find the same thing for the other book.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5969.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	330.7 KB
ID:	203238  
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote