Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-23-2022, 06:43 PM   #196
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Oops, that's because the fix was actually incomplete -_-".

Released v0.11.3, then .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 01:47 AM   #197
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Oops, that's because the fix was actually incomplete -_-".

Released v0.11.3, then .

i confirm the "disappearing nanoclock after Calibre eject ' is solved.

Thank you, NiLuJe.

I hope you won't abandon nanoclock. This is easily the top addon to the kobo reading experience for me.

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 04-24-2022 at 02:10 AM.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2022, 05:49 PM   #198
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's pretty much feature-complete, so it's not like it requires much of my time anyway .
Old 06-04-2022, 05:58 PM   #199
jbs
jbs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
LOVE LOVE LOVE NanoClock, thanks!!

Quote:
It's pretty much feature-complete, so it's not like it requires much of my time anyway .
I've had my Kobo Libra H2O for a year or so now and really love it. The one thing I was occasionally missing was a persistent clock. Today I decided to look into it a bit further, found this thread, installed it and LOVE it. Thanks so much!

Once I got it installed I spent a little while trying out different fonts and thought if it doesn't already exist that this might save others some time. I tested a dozen or so fonts while appending the NAME of the font to my string, then took pictures. The last 4 - UNSCII, ALT, THIN and IBM all look identical to me so I'm guessing that means they don't exist on my device. But I really like Spleen so that's what I'm using.

Thank you SO much NiLuJe - you've made my beloved reader even a bit more beloved to me!
jbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 06:12 PM   #200
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Unscii is very similar to the old IBM BIOS font, but not exactly (e.g., the zero's crossbar).

As for its variants, the constants are actually unscii_alt, unscii_thin, unscii_fantasy, unscii_mcr & unscii_tall (hadn't noticed before that the documentation is wrong for those [it's pointing to the constant names used by the FBInk CLI instead of the API]).

(c.f., http://viznut.fi/unscii/ for more about unscii)

----

EDIT: Released 0.11.4 to fix that in the config comments.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-04-2022 at 06:24 PM.
Advert
Old 06-04-2022, 08:32 PM   #201
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbs View Post
I've had my Kobo Libra H2O for a year or so now and really love it. The one thing I was occasionally missing was a persistent clock. Today I decided to look into it a bit further, found this thread, installed it and LOVE it. Thanks so much!

Once I got it installed I spent a little while trying out different fonts and thought if it doesn't already exist that this might save others some time. I tested a dozen or so fonts while appending the NAME of the font to my string, then took pictures. The last 4 - UNSCII, ALT, THIN and IBM all look identical to me so I'm guessing that means they don't exist on my device. But I really like Spleen so that's what I'm using.

Thank you SO much NiLuJe - you've made my beloved reader even a bit more beloved to me!
How did you put the font name as aprt of the displayed clock?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 10:01 PM   #202
jbs
jbs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Thanks for the explanation and the update! I'll update my screenshots with some more of the fonts. I think I can speed up the process a bit by pre-making the ini files and then just dropping them in one by one.

I've noticed that my current format string overlaps the chapter information in the middle of the screen. I think the answer is no but is there any option for having a left justified portion and a right justified portion? For example:

format_left=L:{frontlight} B:{battery}
format_right=%I:%M

The only way I've figured out how to get the information to those spots is to insert the right number of spaces in the string, but the spaces themselves overlap the chapter information.

I'm SO loving having a clock again, thanks!!!

Quote:
Unscii is very similar to the old IBM BIOS font, but not exactly (e.g., the zero's crossbar).

As for its variants, the constants are actually unscii_alt, unscii_thin, unscii_fantasy, unscii_mcr & unscii_tall (hadn't noticed before that the documentation is wrong for those [it's pointing to the constant names used by the FBInk CLI instead of the API]).

(c.f., http://viznut.fi/unscii/ for more about unscii)

----

EDIT: Released 0.11.4 to fix that in the config comments.
jbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 12:55 PM   #203
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbs View Post
The only way I've figured out how to get the information to those spots is to insert the right number of spaces in the string, but the spaces themselves overlap the chapter information.
Yeah, that's the sanest approach (It's not build for fancy formatting).

Depending on your pen color setting, you might be able to avoid stomping on the UI bits behind your spaces by enabling the backgroundless mode .
(That won't work on the Sage & Elipsa, though).
Old 06-23-2022, 04:11 PM   #204
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
I wonder if someone who understands Macs could tell me how to install this please using my iMac?
I used 'The Unarchiver' app to unpack the zip with the Kobo root on my Libra 2 as the destination, but it did not overwrite the .kobo file, merely created another hidden file alongside it called .kobo1.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 04:12 PM   #205
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
I wonder if someone who understands Macs could tell me how to install this please using my iMac?
I used 'The Unarchiver' app to unpack the zip with the Kobo root on my Libra 2 as the destination, but it did not overwrite the .kobo file, merely created another hidden file alongside it called .kobo1.
Don't install NanoClock on your Libra 2. It can cause your Libra 2 to be unstable.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 02:01 AM   #206
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Don't install NanoClock on your Libra 2. It can cause your Libra 2 to be unstable.
Ah, thank you Jon. You've saved me a lot of pain.
I'll go for Miniclock then
Old 06-24-2022, 03:09 AM   #207
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Ah, thank you Jon. You've saved me a lot of pain.
I'll go for Miniclock then
Before installing Miniclock, I suggest you find out if it works with the latest firmware on a Libra 2.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:54 AM   #208
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
miniclock is unmaintained and won't work with latest firmwares - at the very least, the patch to no longer grab input events exclusively so miniclock can listen in, no longer works for current firmware so you would have to patch it manually, and you'd also have to update fbink manually for device support...

I doubt that miniclock could fix any issue that nanoclock has... its an issue with the device itself, anyhow

Last edited by frostschutz; 06-24-2022 at 04:14 AM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 05:37 AM   #209
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yup, the issue is in how the driver (fails) to deal with the refresh pattern we trigger, the exact variant of *Clock used is barely relevant .
Old 06-24-2022, 06:11 AM   #210
Ned
Ebook reader

Oh no!!
So I'll have to do without the onscreen clock and battery!
What a blow.

But thank you guys for setting me straight before I tried it

ps Is there any hope of a clock being developed that works despite the failings of the device/drivers?
Or shall I resign myself to its absence?

Tags
clock, fbink, lua, miniclock, nanoclock