Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-24-2015, 05:45 PM   #196
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Minor? Major resolution upgrade and twice as much RAM? What else do you expect? It's a book reader! I mean, I'm tempted, but every time I open my PW1 to start reading I realize that it looks great, so I really don't need to waste money nor environmental impact on an upgrade.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:47 AM   #197
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by guspasho View Post
I'm kind of underwhelmed by the relatively minor update, but it's been a year and a half since the PW2 came out. Will they release a new model in the fall, with more compelling upgrades?
The Voyage was last year's new device. The PW3 is this year's, so far. Personally I am still hoping for an updated Voyage in the fall to sit along side the new PW3.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2015, 06:29 AM   #198
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
The Voyage was last year's new device. The PW3 is this year's, so far. Personally I am still hoping for an updated Voyage in the fall to sit along side the new PW3.
The "fall"? We don't have a "fall" in the UK, do we Josie?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:09 AM   #199
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Well, we used to, as I'm sure you know, Harry.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:16 AM   #200
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
September is the normal Amazon release date. I'm not sure why the PW3 has bucked the trend.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2015, 07:21 AM   #201
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Well, we used to, as I'm sure you know, Harry.
That was a little before my time .
Old 06-25-2015, 07:25 AM   #202
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I was getting a PW3 but they don't ship to Mexico. Maybe next year.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:52 AM   #203
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
September is the normal Amazon release date. I'm not sure why the PW3 has bucked the trend.
In response to the Kobo Glo HD, and the new screens were available, so they went for it. I'm sure there will be a new Voyage in the fall. I'm kinda curious to know how they're going to upgrade it.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:23 AM   #204
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
In response to the Kobo Glo HD, and the new screens were available, so they went for it. I'm sure there will be a new Voyage in the fall. I'm kinda curious to know how they're going to upgrade it.
Well, if we're into idle speculation, since they now have an ereader form factor with a protective glass front that people seem to like, how about a liquavista colour display?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:45 AM   #205
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Well, if we're into idle speculation, since they now have an ereader form factor with a protective glass front that people seem to like, how about a liquavista colour display?
Except it's not "idle speculation." It's a no-brainer.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:46 AM   #206
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Except it's not "idle speculation." It's a no-brainer.
Only if the display technology is ready for commercial production. It would be nice if it were to be, but I'm not at all sure it is.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:26 AM   #207
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Because Amazon is trying to compete with the Kobo Glo HD.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:12 PM   #208
wlsinwi
Enthusiast
wlsinwi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Touch and Paperwhite1 and 2
Well I sold my PW2 on ebay, as I had no bites on craigslist. I'm packing it up and can't remember if it came with a black or white USB cable - I have both laying around. Which should I send - black or white? I'm hoping the reset I did didn't mess with the no offers functionality it came with, I don't think that it would.
wlsinwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:15 PM   #209
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlsinwi View Post
Well I sold my PW2 on ebay, as I had no bites on craigslist. I'm packing it up and can't remember if it came with a black or white USB cable - I have both laying around. Which should I send - black or white? I'm hoping the reset I did didn't mess with the no offers functionality it came with, I don't think that it would.
According to the unboxing video I just looked at it came with a black cable.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:45 PM   #210
guspasho
Connoisseur
guspasho began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Minor? Major resolution upgrade and twice as much RAM? What else do you expect? It's a book reader! I mean, I'm tempted, but every time I open my PW1 to start reading I realize that it looks great, so I really don't need to waste money nor environmental impact on an upgrade.
How does doubling the RAM help? It's a book reader, as you say.

The screen upgrade seems like a minor improvement to me. Granted, I need to see one in a store to be sure but I'm unable to tell the difference from the YouTube videos. There's also a trade-off in that the battery life is reduced 25%. Too bad it doesn't have a light sensor.
guspasho is offline   Reply With Quote