Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-21-2014, 04:27 AM   #166
newyork12
newyork12 began at the beginning.

Device: m92
Is there an update for the Recovery tool you have posted a year ago?

see other older topic
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=171640&page=7
newyork12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:26 PM   #167
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyork12 View Post
Is there an update for the Recovery tool you have posted a year ago?

see other older topic
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=171640&page=7
If you mean newer tool for M92, then yes: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...50_UPDATER.rar

Or did you mean for M96?
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2014, 11:56 AM   #168
Entomos
Entomos began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly 256MB
Hi Booxtor,

i was wondering if you are planning to propose again the bundle T68+cover in the short term on ereader-store...
Thanks in advance
Entomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #169
newyork12
newyork12 began at the beginning.

Device: m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
If you mean newer tool for M92, then yes: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...50_UPDATER.rar

Or did you mean for M96?
Nope, i meant the M92

i have managed to recover the boot, but the screen stays dead....
i will leave it for 10 hours connected to my USB port
newyork12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:50 AM   #170
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entomos View Post
Hi Booxtor,

i was wondering if you are planning to propose again the bundle T68+cover in the short term on ereader-store...
Thanks in advance
Yes, of course.
Currently we just don't have enough covers in stock. The new batch shall arrive next week. As soon as they arrive we will offer this bundle again.
Advert
Old 08-28-2014, 06:56 AM   #171
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyork12 View Post
Nope, i meant the M92

i have managed to recover the boot, but the screen stays dead....
i will leave it for 10 hours connected to my USB port
If the screen doesn't display anything, most likely it is defect
Power on the device and watch the LED, if the light turns on for 5-6 seconds but screen remains blank - there is a screen malfunction and your device must to the service. If you still within of warranty period, the repair will be free of cost (except of shipping costs)
Old 08-28-2014, 08:34 AM   #172
benjaminben
benjaminben began at the beginning.

Device: ony boox M96
new firmware

hi,booxtor

First of all, thanks for the m96 firmware updated on 7.21
you mentioned that new firmware have added the function - change gamma(?) --can make font more darker? if i understand this correctly, that would be great.
in my opinon, mantano reader is good for m96, but the font is too light for some pdf. if new firmware can make the font darker for any app ,, that would make m96 a good pdf reader!! how soon we can have this new firmware?
Thanks for you effort.
benjaminben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:43 AM   #173
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Unhappy

BUG

M96 2014-07-01 1.6.0

Not sure if this was reported before but in the above version of firmware (auto) power off erases scribbles in Onyx Neo Reader (the default pdf reader).

To reproduce:
Quote:
1. Open a pdf document.
2. Scribble on the page and power off the device or leave the device until it powers off by itself.
3. Turn on the device, open the document. The new notes are all gone.
Actually, I have just tried a different set of steps and it looks like Neo fails to save doodles on exit too:
Quote:
1. Open a pdf document.
2. Scribble on the page.
3. Tap on the Home button (top left corner) to exit.
4. Turn off and on the device.
5. Open the document. The new scribbles are gone.
From my experience, in order to save doodles you have to exit Neo and then open it again. If you don't and the device powers off, then say goodbye to your notes :-(
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:15 AM   #174
TheRealLazarus
TheRealLazarus began at the beginning.

Device: T68, Kindle4
Feature Request(s):

The T68 ist great... But if one adds Apps via the Playstore one always has to use the Application thingy on the bottom to navigate to the Apps and launch them.

It would be great if it was possible to change the shortcuts at the bottom of the homescreen. (Especially if one uses CalibreCompanion to bypass the not-so-great Library. Or reads a lot with skoobe.)

Speaking of the "Library" - it would be great to improve this. Although it offers some filtering via "Tags" it does not find any of the tags I set in Calibre.

Last edited by TheRealLazarus; 08-29-2014 at 06:20 AM.
TheRealLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:25 AM   #175
karlnapf
Enthusiast
karlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura One
ok, I surrender asking

Last edited by karlnapf; 09-29-2014 at 08:30 AM.
karlnapf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:46 AM   #176
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Remarkable 1, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Hi guys,

for those of you, who likes our updates I am going to upload new updates like every 2-3 weeks

M96
Update date 2014-07-21 (version 1.6.0)
http://ereader-store.de/DATA/M96/update.zip
Hi Booxtor,

My relatively new M96 came with the software version from May 2014.

I installed the update version from 21st Jul (1.6) from the 1st post/OP of this thread. Now when I ty to check for OTA, it says that there is a new update, from 23rd Jul & downloads the update, however, the file it downloads is the same one from 21st Jul. When it installs the update, the software version remains the same & I've seen, the file sizes match exactly. So basically the OTA server agrees that there is a newer update, however while sending the file, sends the old one.

I see that in post # 44 of the thread 'Need your help. Translation of Onyx UI to other languages', you have posted the flash tool:

Quote:
I will provide a newer update and flash tool (for case like yours) next week.
You can also try to use available flash tool: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...17d0a_user.zip
...which contains the update.zip from 8th Aug.

Since we already have an updated firmware version, could you please update the 1st post/OP of this thread please.

Also, the OTA server needs to be updated with this new firmware as well.

Is there another way (apart from this thread & the OTA server) to keep myself informed of the latest OTA?

Thanks,
Jp

Last edited by japinder; 09-03-2014 at 03:15 PM.
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #177
mmmrqs
mmmrqs began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by japinder View Post
I see that in post # 41 of the thread 'Need your help. Translation of Onyx UI to other languages', you have posted the flash tool:

...which contains the update.zip from 8th Aug.
This is exactly what I wanted. Thank you so much, japinder, for mentioning it in this thread. Downloading it right now!!

mmmrqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:15 PM   #178
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Remarkable 1, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmrqs View Post
This is exactly what I wanted. Thank you so much, japinder, for mentioning it in this thread. Downloading it right now!!

Happy to help!

Hi Booxtor,

Could you add the new firmware versions to the 1st post/OP of this thread.

The OTA still only offers the version from Jul 21st.

I was able to extract the version from Aug 8th from the flash tool. It works fine.

I tried to use the version from Aug 21st (extracted from the translators' version), however, it appears to have some bugs:
Play store doesn't work
Wifi remains always on

Other than that, I 'think' it appeared to be faster that before & Towelroot v1 didn't hang the device, like it does on the previous versions.

Awaiting the next update. Thanks.

Last edited by japinder; 09-03-2014 at 03:14 PM.
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #179
mmmrqs
mmmrqs began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96
Since I installed the August 8th firmware, my wifi connection got very unstable. It keeps on for a minute or two and shuts down by itself. Does anybody know if is there some configuration I have to setup? It was working fine before.

I guess that the firmware that came installed in my M96 was from August 4th, not 8th, but I screwed it by using the OTA update which downgraded my ereader to firmware 2014-07-21. After that I had to manually re-install the August one from that flash tool package. Now wifi is completely unstable

UPDATE: Now with the latest v1.6.2 update my wifi is working fine. I also followed the instructions to set up it so as it keeps awake all the time.

Tks.

Last edited by mmmrqs; 09-05-2014 at 06:53 PM.
mmmrqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:02 AM   #180
anno4
anno4 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96, Crema Shine
Why not support Korean?

Quote:
Hi guys,

for those of you, who likes our updates I am going to upload new updates like every 2-3 weeks

The easiest way to install them is usin OTA (over the air) option:

Go to Settings (bottom bar in Onyx home screen) and
1. -> Language and select your Language Settings to English (other languages will follow soon)
2. -> Network -> WiFi On (and of course connect to the Internet
3. -> About -> Check from Cloud. When new Update is available you will be informed and just confirm that you want to download and install available update

How to install:
Copy update.zip to your root folder in M96 or T68.
Afterwards go to Settings -> About ->System Update -> Check Update from local Storage

M96
Update date 2014-09-04 (version 1.6.2)

what is new:

General features
- Stylus calibration function has been added.
You can find it in Settings -> Extension ->Calibration.

Neo PDF Reader
- Improved scribbling (it is more smooth now )
- Added contrast adjustment tool. Please try it on your pale documents. It is different method to improve contrast (gamma correction) as Bold function
- some other bug fixes and

Currently in work:

General
- allow contrast adjustment in every app

Neo
- improvement of annotation features
- improvement of text selection

T68

Update date 2014-09-04
http://ereader-store.de/DATA/T68/update.zip

Neo PDF Reader
- Added contrast adjustment tool. Please try it on your pale documents. It is different method to improve contrast (gamma correction) as Bold function
- some other bug fixes and improvements

Onyx version of Cool Reader as separate app:
http://ereader-store.de/DATA/CR/coolReader-release.apk

I also very appreciate your suggestions, comments and problem reports.

Best regards!
Hi! Booxtor~

M96
Update date 2014-09-04 (version 1.6.2)

Why not support Korean??

Last edited by anno4; 09-04-2014 at 09:04 AM.
anno4 is offline   Reply With Quote