Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #151
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan50 View Post
That's an impressive reader. I don't see anything about a light, maybe I overlooked it. At this point I really like having a light on an ereader.
The Amazon page clearly says in the title there is a built-in light. You can also look on our wiki page for this product.

dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #152
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
OK, what does "da bomb" mean, please? It's an expression I haven't encountered before.
In Brit-speak it means "rather spiffy"
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2014, 10:33 AM   #153
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
In Brit-speak it means "rather spiffy"
Thank you - that's a lot more understandable .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #154
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Thank you - that's a lot more understandable .
You're welcome, old bean
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:18 PM   #155
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I have 2 Kobo Glo's. They are wonderful.
No, they're buggy, useless and often faulty. I don't like the shape of their logo either, and the corners have a weird type of roundness. Also, their black is not the sort of black I like best.

Spoiler:

My Kindle works fine, but I'm still looking at Kobo's now and then because of all of the font customization options. I'm just offsetting your comment here to keep myself from ordering one on a whim
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #156
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
No, they're buggy, useless and often faulty. I don't like the shape of their logo either, and the corners have a weird type of roundness. Also, their black is not the sort of black I like best.

Spoiler:

My Kindle works fine, but I'm still looking at Kobo's now and then because of all of the font customization options. I'm just offsetting your comment here to keep myself from ordering one on a whim
Keep telling yourself that
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #157
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Thanks. It appears to be a type of hot sauce.
That's right. The Aura's styling reminds me of chili sauce.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:09 AM   #158
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post

Spoiler:

Good luck with that. You'll come over to the dark side eventually.
leaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #159
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh yeah....they're so bad, so bad, that I have 6 of them. They're like tribbles! Now I'm stalking the web for a $30 Touch. They are just awful.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:10 AM   #160
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And they burn your tongue when you lick them. Buyer beware.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:17 AM   #161
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
And they burn your tongue when you lick them. Buyer beware.
Yeth they do. Jutht founth that outh!!!!
leaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:51 AM   #162
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Oh yeah....they're so bad, so bad, that I have 6 of them. They're like tribbles! Now I'm stalking the web for a $30 Touch. They are just awful.
If you find a two or three of them, let me know. The Kobo Touches seem to hold their value.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:32 AM   #163
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
If you find a two or three of them, let me know. The Kobo Touches seem to hold their value.
Yes, I have found that out. I have seen them going for $30 + shipping, so about $40. I was hoping not to go that high, though. I want to rip it open, after all, which could damage it. So I am sticking to my $30 limit. I don't know why they are holding their value, this is a couple of years old! And not lighted! So it stands to reason that it should be cheaper.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:20 AM   #164
Rizla
Member Retired

I know what you mean. I have been eyeing a Glo. I expected Kobo to phase it out with the new Aura, but no, it's still being sold. Now there is news of a new Kobo coming out, I'll keep my eyes peeled for a drop in price.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:32 AM   #165
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
I know what you mean. I have been eyeing a Glo. I expected Kobo to phase it out with the new Aura, but no, it's still being sold. Now there is news of a new Kobo coming out, I'll keep my eyes peeled for a drop in price.
It pays to stalk multiple times a day. I found a Glo for $40, and they had 2, as I recall. I am sure it was an error, but they sent it w/o complaint. I should have gotten them both!

And have you seen the prices for the Mini these days? OMG! Last summer they were easily had for $40. No longer!!!