Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-29-2022, 05:39 PM   #151
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
That is a pretty good price for 10" display. It'll be even better on Black Friday.
I doubt it will be on sale on Black Friday. It doesn’t even release until the Wednesday after Black Friday.
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 06:03 PM   #152
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitarywolf View Post
I doubt it will be on sale on Black Friday. It doesn’t even release until the Wednesday after Black Friday.
Didn't realize that it would take so long between announcement and availability when wrote it, obviously.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2022, 09:32 AM   #153
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I missed this announcement entirely. Now on MobileRead's front page.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 09:26 PM   #154
SanAntone
Connoisseur
SanAntone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and Scribe
I ordered the day it was announced and got a shipping date of Dec 2nd. Just checked and ordered the same Scribe and the new order has a shipping date of Nov 30th. Go figure.
SanAntone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 11:22 AM   #155
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntone View Post
I ordered the day it was announced and got a shipping date of Dec 2nd. Just checked and ordered the same Scribe and the new order has a shipping date of Nov 30th. Go figure.
That's good. I ordered 10/11 and don't ship until 12/19-20.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2022, 07:36 PM   #156
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
then there's hope that they'll send an email saying "now arriving earlier than expected"?
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 08:48 AM   #157
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
then there's hope that they'll send an email saying "now arriving earlier than expected"?
I sometimes have Amazon parcels arrive at door two weeks before the due date with no email warning. Sometimes the Order page doesn't update with Delivered.

I might buy a Scribe to proof PDFs for POD, but I'll wait for feedback from savvy users. Certainly not rely of Amazon blurb, or any gadget blog / news site.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 12:48 PM   #158
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Didn't realize that it would take so long between announcement and availability when wrote it, obviously.

No worries. No harm. No foul. 😀
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 08:57 AM   #159
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I ordered one from Best Buy we'll see if I get It on release date
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 01:56 PM   #160
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
I ordered on the announcement day too. I got 5th December to 28th December. So I put another order in the other day for the exact same model and got a delivery date of the December the 1st.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 10:24 PM   #161
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
I ordered on the announcement day too. I got 5th December to 28th December.
Is that for the Scribe? Or the Scribe and cover? My Scribe ETA is only 2 days with the cover about 2 weeks after that.
Old 11-07-2022, 06:25 AM   #162
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
Is that for the Scribe? Or the Scribe and cover? My Scribe ETA is only 2 days with the cover about 2 weeks after that.
For the scribe.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 10:06 AM   #163
innocenat
Zealot
innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PPW5, Quaderno A4, Supernote A6X, Leaf 2
I ordered the Scribe hours after it was announced on Amazon Japan. I just got the notification that the scheduled delivery has been updated to Dec 1-3 from previously Dec 3-28.
innocenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 09:34 PM   #164
LDB
Baker Street Irregular

So apparently the Chinese government has significantly restricted the plant down to only 30% capacity and the Scribe, along with many other products, will be late arriving due to manufacturing limitations. Too bad they don't make things here in the U.S.
Old 11-08-2022, 02:13 PM   #165
untilyouarrived
Enthusiast
untilyouarrived once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.untilyouarrived once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.untilyouarrived once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.untilyouarrived once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.untilyouarrived once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.untilyouarrived once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.untilyouarrived once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.untilyouarrived once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.untilyouarrived once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.untilyouarrived once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.untilyouarrived once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Remarkable 2, HiSense Hi Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
So apparently the Chinese government has significantly restricted the plant down to only 30% capacity and the Scribe, along with many other products, will be late arriving due to manufacturing limitations. Too bad they don't make things here in the U.S.
I’d take this news with a degree of scepticism. The Good EReader Blog is the only outlet reporting that this shutdown has affected Scribe deliveries, and they are not known for being particularly reliable.
untilyouarrived is offline   Reply With Quote