Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-20-2020, 04:09 AM   #136
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Finished Series 4 of 'The Last Kingdom' and also 'finished' all 17 Series of NCIS. The new Series of NCIS,S18 has one episode up,and I have watched that too!
I used to watch NCIS on 'real' TV but the schedulers kept moving the day and the time slot, so it has been good to see them all, in the correct order,at my own pace!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:07 AM   #137
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I watched The Queen's Gambit last Friday and Saturday. One of the best things I've seen in recent months on streaming. I watched The Crown and finished on the 3rd day. Tonight I watched most of the 1991 interviews with Princess Diana (Andrew Morton) on Netflix. I'd seen them back then on ABC, but that was almost 30 years ago and there were lots of commercial interruptions in them. It's two hours.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2020, 04:25 PM   #138
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It’s been a chaotic couple of months, and at night I haven’t had much energy to concentrate. I’ve watched all paranormal shows on DPlay/Discovery+, so now I’ve started The X-Files, again. I’m halfway through season two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 08:17 PM   #139
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
We're watching the 2014 BBC series Intruders. Not for everyone but good cast including John Simm, Tory Kittles and the uber-creepy James Frain. I see now how Millie Bobby Brown earned her role in Stranger Things...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 09:48 PM   #140
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I'm watching my two favorite Christmas movies - Home Alone & Home Alone 2
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2020, 04:38 AM   #141
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Just started a watch of every episode of Criminal Minds. Another one that was shown on UK TV but which moved days/time slots quite a lot, so I never actually kept track of it all. Now I can!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 03:39 PM   #142
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We watched S1 of a dark but pretty good Italian show Thou Shalt Not Kill. The inspector is kind of a female Harry Bosch. I'm hoping Prime will eventually offer the later seasons.

Also watched and enjoyed S3 of Great Greek Myths, The Odyssey.
Old 12-27-2020, 01:53 PM   #143
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had watched every paranormal show on D Play that I wanted to, so moved on to a rewatch of The X-Files. I'm currently somewhere in season 3 and taking a break. D Play is soon switching to Discovery+, which will add a lot of shows to the streaming service, I've already noticed several new shows in the paranormal section. Most I'm not interested in.

I've also watched The Haunting of Bly Manor, which I enjoyed. My sister and I binged Motherland: Fort Salem.

When cycling on the home trainer I'm watching The Queen's Gambit. I just have one episode to go (two cycle sessions). After that I think I'm going to move on to one of the non-English series I have on my watchlist on Netflix. I keep putting those off because it's harder to follow those when I watch at night when cross stitching. I expect that won't be a problem when cycling.
Old 12-27-2020, 11:20 PM   #144
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Russia/Czech Republic at the World Juniors.

It's that time of year.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:33 PM   #145
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Dawn Wells -- 1938~2020

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:39 PM   #146
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Germany/Switzerland at 2021 IIHF World Juniors.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 09:00 PM   #147
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Artemis Fowl.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:14 PM   #148
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

When cycling on the home trainer I'm currently watching The Valhalla Murders on Netflix, a murder mystery set in Iceland. I should finish it this week. When finishing it I think I'll start with Lupin.

Last night I started binging the series Snowpiercer on Netflix. A couple of years ago I watched the film, which I liked. I had the series on my watchlist since its release. I'm loving it. I watched the first five episodes last night, tonight I'll watch the other five. Tomorrow I'll probably start with Bridgerton. Not my normal viewing, but I'm in the mood for something like that.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:02 PM   #149
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Well I've been eagerly awaiting the new Perry Mason, expecting it to be more faithful to the Mason of the books than the rather sanitized Raymond Burr series. My library came through with the DVD so I finally got to watch it. As far as I can tell, it has nothing to do with the books, and if not for the familiar names of Mason, Drake and Street I would never recognize it as derived from PM. It's not a bad show nonetheless, but it looks like I'll have to wait another 85 years or so for a real PM TV series. (Nero Wolfe originated in the same time period, and A&E did a fantastic job of bringing those stories and characters to TV. Someday I hope someone will give PM the same treatment.)
Old 01-16-2021, 05:24 AM   #150
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I enjoyed the new Perry Mason TV series, but then I only read one of the books when I was in my early teens and can't remember a thing about it.

I've finished Bridgerton, which I really enjoyed. I read the first book of Julia Quinn's series, the book this first season is based on, but I can't remember anything about it. I should reread it maybe.

Last night I watched the documentary series about the Night Stalker on Netflix. I liked how it focuses on the detectives and victims and not the killer.

I think tonight I'm going to catch up on The Stand, I'm a couple of episodes behind.