Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-27-2015, 03:21 AM   #1
zzxna
zzxna began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 Notouch
Problems with page refreshing

I'm using an old Kindle 4 Notouch (serial no. B023).

Lately each time I go to a new page the previous page does not fade away completely. That is, I can still see the words from the previous page, albeit they are somewhat faded.

I have tried a factory reset, which did not work.

Help pls!
zzxna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:40 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you got it set to refresh on every page turn?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:59 AM   #3
zzxna
zzxna began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 Notouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Have you got it set to refresh on every page turn?
Yup i have
zzxna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:22 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Then unfortunately it sounds as if the display controller is faulty. "Ghosting" is inherent in eInk displays, but if the words from the previous page are no more than "somewhat faded", that's definitely not normal. Can you upload a photograph showing what you're seeing?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote