Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-14-2015, 03:58 AM   #1
white-k
white-k began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question [PaperWhite] How move hundreds of books from computer into a specific Collection?

Hi. I have a Kindle Paperwhite "2".

I would like to move hundreds of books in bulk, from my computer into a specific 'Collection' on my Kindle.

How do I do that?
Do I really need to Jailbreak my PaperWhite to do it?
white-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:31 AM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by white-k View Post
Hi. I have a Kindle Paperwhite "2".

I would like to move hundreds of books in bulk, from my computer into a specific 'Collection' on my Kindle.

How do I do that?
Do I really need to Jailbreak my PaperWhite to do it?
If your books are in Calibre and you are transferring them via usb then you can do it simply via Calibre. Create your Collection on Kindle first then send the books via Calibre. You will then need to add them into the collection on the Kindle but if you select the Collection and do Add and Remove and have the sort as Recent you can can add in one page at a time by selection Add All on this Page.

I did this for some of my collections.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:11 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
After transferring your books to the Kindle (however you do that, but probably via USB), you have two options:
  1. Add each book to a collection through the Kindle interface... one at a time. You can edit a collection, though, and scroll through, checking each book to be added to the collection.
  2. Use the [GUI Plugin] Kindle Collections. This must be used in tandem with a helper on the Kindle itself, which requires a jailbreak, but you can modify collections in bulk using metadata filters from calibre.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:27 AM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I downloaded my Collections 1st then the ebooks! Amazingly 90% actually went into the correct collection as I downloaded them & side loaded!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:51 AM   #5
ForsCream
Connoisseur
ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I downloaded my Collections 1st then the ebooks! Amazingly 90% actually went into the correct collection as I downloaded them & side loaded!
This is interesting.

Can you provide more details? How you downloaded a collection and where you downloaded it to?
ForsCream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:11 AM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When you get the new Kindle Go into its Archives After you reg it that is! At the top Before your Amazon ebook list it will have Down Load Collections from other devices [something like that] After that's install start you eBook DL Then Side load the rest. The only thing it saves on time is Not having to put them into collections. It will do it for you! I getting a New Touch on Monday So I feel for you ... be my 3rd kindle in 30 days ...ugh
Old 02-15-2015, 11:58 AM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Note: The above does not work on devices with Cloud Collections (fw5.4.2 and above).

The first time you sign in, I believe collections should be auto-imported from other devices.
You cannot import Cloud Collections to a non-CC device.

Last edited by eschwartz; 02-15-2015 at 12:03 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:56 PM   #8
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

UGH Looks like my trick does not work with the new Kindle Touch! Going to be a Longgg week Loading then straightening them into collection grrrr
Old 02-17-2015, 05:29 AM   #9
white-k
white-k began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post

If your books are in Calibre and you are transferring them via usb then you can do it simply via Calibre. Create your Collection on Kindle first then send the books via Calibre. You will then need to add them into the collection on the Kindle but if you select the Collection and do Add and Remove and have the sort as Recent you can can add in one page at a time by selection Add All on this Page.

I did this for some of my collections.
Since I currently don't have time to look into jailbreaking, I tried this method, and while not perfectly ideal, it did work well enough for now.
Many thanks!
And also thanks to all others for the jailbreak-options which can come in handy when I have the time to look into that. I appreaciate it!
white-k is offline   Reply With Quote