Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-08-2012, 04:23 AM   #1
_GadGet_
_GadGet_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen. 4)
Exclamation HAS ANYONE HACKED THE KINDLE (generation) 4??

Has anyone hacked the Kindle 4 yet?

I really do want customized screensavers.
Please do contact me if you did hack it.

Thanks,
_GadGet_

_GadGet_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #2
lebod
lebod began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Maybe you should check the developer's corner for hacks?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150
lebod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
dvlac
dvlac began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have done customized screensaver on my and my son's Kindle 4 (Non Touch) Special Offfer with this help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWvbaN-3q6I
dvlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Some of the hacks for the K4 from the developer's forum have been gathered together in the wiki:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle4NTHacking

There is a custom screensaver hack documented there as well...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Customized screensavers on an eink device? Seems a little silly.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Customized screensavers on an eink device? Seems a little silly.
Why so? I'm using this one and it makes me grin every time I look at my Kindle. That's a valid reason for me

(Image source: here).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #7
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Just seems like too much work for me.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote