Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
appasgirl
appasgirl began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question with K2 Document Library

Does anyone know why, when I plug the kindle in via the usb cord and go to the document folder within the kindle, why some books are listed 2 or 3 times? what happens if I delete from this folder? how do I prevent this from happening and does it really matter? oh, the exts on the files are: .azw, .phl, .mbp, .tan

thanks!
appasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
lovesangelrn
lovesangelrn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
lol...i think i just saw you ask this question on FB. The extra files is where the kindle stores things like notes, bookmarks, highlights, last page read, etc. The main book file is the .azw (if downloaded from amazon), if you delete that one, you will delete your book. Deleting the others, I believe, will just erase all your notes/etc.
lovesangelrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
appasgirl
appasgirl began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
lol yes that was me.....I'm all over the place trying to figure it out. I think you answered me right? thank you so much. I'm new to this and didn't want to delete something I shouldn't. I just spent two nights moving all my books into their "collections". Ahhh to be organized feels good. Now I can finally read a book! LOL
appasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:59 PM   #4
lovesangelrn
lovesangelrn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by appasgirl View Post
lol yes that was me.....I'm all over the place trying to figure it out. I think you answered me right? thank you so much. I'm new to this and didn't want to delete something I shouldn't. I just spent two nights moving all my books into their "collections". Ahhh to be organized feels good. Now I can finally read a book! LOL
LOL, I know just how you feel, I like having all my books neatly organized
Have fun reading
lovesangelrn is offline   Reply With Quote