Notices

Old 12-09-2015, 05:00 AM   #1
MMM2
MMM2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The cover of a specific book won't show up on Kindle Paperwhite

Hi, fisrt time poster here!

Well, I need help...
I use Kindle PW (6th gen) with 5.6.5 software. I email e-books to Kindle via Calibre.

I bought this romance book by an American author, written in English, about three months ago on Amazon.co.jp, and since I hate new hyphenation feature, I sideloaded it via Calibre (DMR-removal plug-in added) without problem until I found out the cover of this book didn't show up on my Kindle!

I tried everything I could come up with, including changing the cover on Calibre, (I know you have to convert the file in order to change the cover so I did.) but nothing worked. Strangely, on Kindle for PC, the cover shows up without problem. Rebooting the Kindle didn't work, neither.

So, I contacted the Amazon customer service, and they said they confirmed the symptom and would try to find out the cause of it, and it was about three months ago. We emailed back and forth several times and all they said was "We are working on it." and I got tired of waiting and gave up on them, and took the refund they offered.

But I really want this cover to show up on my Kindle (I don't like listview, so please do not tell me to change my Kindle view to it.) so if someone could tell me what else I could do to fix this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by MMM2; 12-09-2015 at 05:45 AM.
MMM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 05:03 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It is against the rules to send a copyrighted file to another member.

We don't want to know about it and we don't want to hear it.

Thank you for your understanding.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2015, 05:08 AM   #3
MMM2
MMM2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Oh, I'm sorry! Edited the post! Sorry again.

Last edited by MMM2; 12-09-2015 at 05:38 AM.
MMM2 is offline   Reply With Quote