Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Today, 01:07 AM   #1
ACGAuthor
Enthusiast
ACGAuthor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Looking for recipe display solution

It's been a long time since I've done anything with regards to jailbreaking or modding a kindle, so please forgive me if I've missed something that's is common knowledge that perhaps wasn't the last time I looked.

I have a early generation Paperwhite with a small ding on the screen that I replaced and no longer use.

I have a HUGE collection of cooking and baking recipes in an app called Recipe Keeper on my phone and PC.

My PC is too big for kitchen use, since it's a desktop rig. My phone is too small and may require me to hold it in my food-covered hand to read the recipe. I don't want to spend the money to buy a tablet that isn't a cheap, slow Android that would be a pain in the rear to use.

I'd like to repurpose my old Paperwhite by way of jailbreaking/sideloading recipes from Calibre to become my e-ink cookbook.

At one time, I had Vellum on my Mac, so I have the ability to create ebook files, so in theory I could compile all my recipes and put it on my old paperwhite that way, but I'm hoping there's already a more out-of-the-box solution for this sort of usage, and my google-fu is failing me in finding it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of tools to accomplish this sort of thing?
ACGAuthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:43 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
calibre can convert just about any format into KF8/azw3 (kindle) format. Alternatively, if you can make PDF with a 6 inch page size and tiny margins (I have no examples), you could do that. No jailbreak needed.

For sugestions on how to make the ebooks, try the E-Book Formats sub-forums
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=177
particularly Workshop.

Provide information on the details of what you will be starting with.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert