Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-26-2021, 04:29 PM   #1
Psysergic
Psysergic began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kobo Libra OR Boox Poke 3

My brother convinced me to buy an ereader, so after some research I have to decide beetwen this two. Help me? I am used to reading physical books so I need a device where the display will be very similar to paper.

What I care about:
-good display and lightning. I want the overall look to be as similar to a real book as possible. I have never read a book on a screen before.
-good battery life is great
-good screen protection is also pretty good, I don't want to scratch it.

What I don't care about is speed of the device. Also I'm not sure I care about the android? I mean all I want is to read books. I don't think I would really be installing any android apps or anything like that at all.

Kobo Klara is 40€ cheaper for me. After I've done some reading online I have some seconds thoughts because a lot of people say they have some display (lightning) issues. Would it be safer for me to go for the Poke 3?
Psysergic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:57 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psysergic View Post
Kobo Klara is 40€ cheaper for me. After I've done some reading online I have some seconds thoughts because a lot of people say they have some display (lightning) issues. Would it be safer for me to go for the Poke 3?
My Clara HD has even lighting so I don't think that is a worry.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2021, 06:15 AM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Frankly I no longer even know whether my Libra has an even frontlight or not. After reading on it for more than a year (alternating with the Oasis and sometimes the Nook) I've gotten so used to it that I don't notice any imperfections. I seem to remember dimly its frontlight looked a bit uneven when I got it, but if anyone asked me now, I'd look totally blank. Frontlight? Er... no idea, I'm afraid...
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote