Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-20-2020, 04:09 PM   #1
toby83lars
toby83lars began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hd 8
Syncing my Folder containing all my ebooks

Calibre Noob here

I have a folder that I keep all of my ebooks in on my Windows 10 pc. When setting up Calibre the first time I pointed it at that folder to detect the books i currently have in that folder.
I am going through about 10,000 ebooks on another hard drive that i have. I am moving the books that i want, to the folder that Calibre uses for my Calibre library but when i move books to that folder, how do get Calibre to recognize that i added books to that folder and then sync this folder to Calibre so that all the books in the folder appear in Calibre?
Thanks
toby83lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 04:47 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby83lars View Post
Calibre Noob here

I have a folder that I keep all of my ebooks in on my Windows 10 pc. When setting up Calibre the first time I pointed it at that folder to detect the books i currently have in that folder.
I am going through about 10,000 ebooks on another hard drive that i have. I am moving the books that i want, to the folder that Calibre uses for my Calibre library but when i move books to that folder, how do get Calibre to recognize that i added books to that folder and then sync this folder to Calibre so that all the books in the folder appear in Calibre?
Thanks
I recommend that you become familiar with the calibre users manual.

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/

As to your question:
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui.html#add-books

Tip:

I use drag and drop most of the time, e. g. with calibre open, I will open file manger and drag and drop the ebook files into calibre.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2020, 05:07 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔

Except I'm mouse averse. So, I put a shortcut file to calibre.exe into the Windows Send To folder.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 03:49 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Don't move anything between folders using the filesystem on your computer. Calibre only recognizes books you added using the Calibre GUI (i.e. add books function). It won't recognize the books you copied/moved manually to the library folder. Those won't get added to the database. Remove them and add them from the GUI.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote