Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-14-2020, 10:13 AM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Plugboard question

It has been a long time since I used plugboards, but I changed readers and need to change my titles.

What I want in the Title field: Title, author, series, series number
ex. Children of the Dust - Asaro, Catherine - Major Bhaajan [1]

I put the following in the Plugboard, but it is not working.
any format any device {title| - |}{author_sort}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>5.2f} destination field: Title

Any help would be most appreciated.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:29 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
IMHO you don't need a plugboard for Kobos. You do need to EJECT, then reconnect for all to appear.
Title
(optional) subtitle
Series - Index
Author
If you HAVE a plugboard need, do set it for the specific Device type (and yes, you may need to make copies if you have the need on different model families). Your wildcard plugboard may be confusing the Kobo's native support

BTW Subtitle requires a custom column to support and the Kobo Utilities Plugin
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2020, 11:14 AM   #3
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks theducks, but I'm trying to get the books to my ipad mini. I changed the any device to Apple, restarted and then sent it to the ipad, but still didn't get anything in the title except the title.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:26 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Thanks theducks, but I'm trying to get the books to my ipad mini. I changed the any device to Apple, restarted and then sent it to the ipad, but still didn't get anything in the title except the title.
My confusion. I assumed Kobo from your device list

Each device APP has its own way of presenting metadata.
Ipads (tablets) don't natively display BOOK Libraries. Each app extracts the metadata from someplace. for this to work, you need to know the WHERE.
My first device use the FILE NAME. If that is yours: Use the DEVICE DRIVERS Template (not the plugboard) to set the name (and be prepared to have long ones trimmed)
OTOH The Plug board crams the added values into a designated METADATA Field. Your app may use title-sort (or something else).

Please Specify the APP so folk who do KNOW this, can help.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:42 AM   #5
peaceridge
Guru

You solved it. I was using Calibre Companion (I know, I should know better) to get the books from Calibre , then sending them to Mapleread SE before deleting them from cc. I looked at the title on CC and the plugboard info wasn't there, so I thought I was incorrect and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. So, once I sent it on to Mapleread, I got what I wanted in Mapleread, which was the point. Again you have saved the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
My confusion. I assumed Kobo from your device list

Each device APP has its own way of presenting metadata.
Ipads (tablets) don't natively display BOOK Libraries. Each app extracts the metadata from someplace. for this to work, you need to know the WHERE.
My first device use the FILE NAME. If that is yours: Use the DEVICE DRIVERS Template (not the plugboard) to set the name (and be prepared to have long ones trimmed)
OTOH The Plug board crams the added values into a designated METADATA Field. Your app may use title-sort (or something else).

Please Specify the APP so folk who do KNOW this, can help.
Advert