Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-14-2019, 08:13 PM   #1
Cteavin
Cteavin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iBooks
Kobo Forma: Does Series Sort place all books in a series into a folder?

I replaced my Kindle with a Kobo Forma yesterday -- I'm still getting used to it. With 32 GB to use, I thought I'd upload a good part of my library into the Kobo.

I've downloaded the plug-ins on Calibre. I've gone over the metadata to confirm what books belong to what series and I've sorted (using the left side sort in Calibre) to make sure the series are correct. However, when I open Kobo, the books are listed individually next to each other by the series, but not sorted into another folder like they are when sorted by author. In other words, I have 50 pages of books under Sort/Series but only two dozen under Sort/Author

Is this the normal way books are sorted through Series, or is there a problem?

Thanks,
Cteavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:06 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Kobo have not implemented a separate series list. The series sorting is within whatever list you are looking at. It is also used when searching.

If you want a series list, I recommend asking Kobo for one. I thought when they added the authors list, that a series list was the obvious next step. But, it appears that someone there doesn't think so. Maybe if we get enough requests they will finally do it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2019, 11:35 PM   #3
Cteavin
Cteavin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iBooks
Thank you for the reply.

To whom do I send this request? The Kobo help page only has a chat and phone number.
Cteavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:55 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If you use the phone option, it should display a problem submission form. You should be able to use that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote