Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-06-2020, 08:08 PM   #1
idab710
Banned
idab710 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Paperwhite 3 power button HACK [MOD]

I have successfully hacked my Paperwhite 3 to have a black power button. I don't think has ever been done successfully. Yes the power button still works 100% and no it wasn't painted. It makes the bottom of the device look MUCH more symmetrical.

Also Amazon GIVE US 5.12.5 for the pw3

I would be happy to write a guide if anybody is interested. This hack doesn't take more than 1-2 hours.

idab710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:44 AM   #2
vostro
Connoisseur
vostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Scribe,Elipsa,PWSE,FORMA,KOA2,KV,KA1, KAH2O, PW1-4, KA, AKT,
5.12.5 for the pw3? where to download?
vostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2020, 04:28 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vostro View Post
5.12.5 for the pw3? where to download?
That's what I thought at first also, but he said "give" us, not "gave" us (as in a plea, not a statement of fact). My PW3 is staying at 5.9.7 anyhow.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:23 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
My PW3 already has a black button. Because it's black. I dislike white finish electronics especially on bezel.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:43 PM   #5
idab710
Banned
idab710 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
My PW3 already has a black button. Because it's black. I dislike white finish electronics especially on bezel.
Hey dude. Guess what? I also have a black pw3 with a WHITE button. That post will come next week.

Stay mad
idab710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2020, 05:34 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I guess almost the same effort as replacing a Li cell. Opening it is the only moderately awkward part.

And I thought you lovingly hand crafted it out of a Lego brick using a Dremell, or scanned it and 3D printed a copy.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote