Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-12-2019, 06:33 AM   #1
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Problem ejecting device

Since I’m here I’ll mention this.
Calibre windows 10 64 bit
Kobo forma device
If I eject the device from the Calibre menu, the device sees it’s been disconnected, but from windows the ‘dirty’ bit is left set. The next time I plug the device in, windows wants to check it.
To avoid this I have to close calibre and eject the device from windows.
No big deal but thought I’d mention it.
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:54 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont have a kobo to test with, but I dont recall seeing this with my kindle.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2019, 10:46 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex View Post
Since I’m here I’ll mention this.
Calibre windows 10 64 bit
Kobo forma device
If I eject the device from the Calibre menu, the device sees it’s been disconnected, but from windows the ‘dirty’ bit is left set. The next time I plug the device in, windows wants to check it.
To avoid this I have to close calibre and eject the device from windows.
No big deal but thought I’d mention it.
Is this happening all the time? I see this occasionally, but not enough to have specifically blamed calibre.

What options are you using in the driver? And are you running anything from the Kobo Utilities plugin?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:18 AM   #4
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Hi David
My impression was, all the time. I changed to ejecting from windows because I got fed up always running a check when I plug the device in.
I use the normal epub driver not extended kepub
I do use the utilities from time to time, series reorder and suchlike. But I don’t think that’s significant. Just plug in, send a book from calibre, device eject from the calibre menu, and the device stops being connected but obviously it wasnt cleanly ejected by windows.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:50 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
We've seen this happening with run-of-the mill plug/eject sessions entirely outside of Calibre, on all three major OSes, so, I'd put that one squarely on Kobo, not Calibre .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2019, 05:14 PM   #6
Stevex
Addict

I can categorically state that using the Windows eject, having closed Calibre first, I never had a problem.
Slightly less categorically, using the Calibre menu, I pretty much always had a problem.
I also don’t see how the Kobo os could be involved, since it’s windows that sets / clears the flag.
But I dont want to make a big deal of this!
Cheers, Steve
Old 07-12-2019, 05:33 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
My best guess is the issue lies in how Nickel itself unmounts onboard when it's preparing to export it over USBMS, and that's completely device-side.

Why, despite a couple mandatory fscks in the boot process, the dirty bit never actually gets cleared by the device itself after a reboot is another mystery, though .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:17 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The code calibre uses to eject devices on windows is a self contained exe file. It is the best I could code up with from the undocumented mess that is win32 apis for device management. Am happy to accept improvements for it: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...indows/eject.c
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote