Notices

Old 05-30-2019, 03:30 PM   #1
trence
Connoisseur
trence doesn't littertrence doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mars
Poke Pro Screen Quality

Hi,

Looking at the Poke Pro lately, can anyone that has one speak to the screen quality?
trence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:28 AM   #2
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by trence View Post
Hi,

Looking at the Poke Pro lately, can anyone that has one speak to the screen quality?
The visual quality is very good. The light too is very good. Part of the reason I got the Poke was because I wanted a better screen and an orange light. It has fulfilled that very well. My eyes are happier. In a recent update they also added an update to allow the screen light to go much dimmer if desired. A nice touch. They also made the browser show text with greater bold, which makes it much nicer to browse.

The only issue with the device is that the touch screen doesn't register an initial long press. So if you are looking up a lot of words in the dictionary, it's a pain. I get round it by doing a quick page swipe to wake the screen up. I have spoken to sales and they are aware of it and are working on the problem. Overall I am pleased with poke pro. I plan to get a poke non-pro in addition.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2019, 10:45 AM   #3
trence
Connoisseur
trence doesn't littertrence doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
The visual quality is very good. The light too is very good. Part of the reason I got the Poke was because I wanted a better screen and an orange light. It has fulfilled that very well. My eyes are happier. In a recent update they also added an update to allow the screen light to go much dimmer if desired. A nice touch. They also made the browser show text with greater bold, which makes it much nicer to browse.

The only issue with the device is that the touch screen doesn't register an initial long press. So if you are looking up a lot of words in the dictionary, it's a pain. I get round it by doing a quick page swipe to wake the screen up. I have spoken to sales and they are aware of it and are working on the problem. Overall I am pleased with poke pro. I plan to get a poke non-pro in addition.
Thank you for that. I ordered a Poke Pro recently, and am very excited. How's the evenness of the back light in your experience? That is one thing that always draws my attention if splotchy. The pics I've seen online look nice, but you know how that goes.
trence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:45 AM   #4
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by trence View Post
Thank you for that. I ordered a Poke Pro recently, and am very excited. How's the evenness of the back light in your experience? That is one thing that always draws my attention if splotchy. The pics I've seen online look nice, but you know how that goes.
On mine, the light is perfectly even, in both white and orange. No splotches.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote