Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Christmas Movies

Nothing says Merry Christmas more than getting whacked in the face with a can of paint -- from my favorite Christmas movie

...and part deux

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:04 PM   #2
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

A Christmas Carol. This version:

Advert
Old 12-20-2014, 06:44 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)

My favorite scene in Home Alone 2 with the Bandits.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #4
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)

Die Hard (the trailer is so slow )

Favorte scene:
Holly: I have a request.
Hans Gruber: What idiot put you in charge?
Holly: You did. When you murdered my boss.

Also, White Christmas
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:45 PM   #5
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Donovan's Reef (with the church with the leaky roof)

BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #6
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Night of the Hunter has a nice Christmas scene but goes through some dark places to get there.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:02 PM   #7
BenG
Home Guard

The Thin Man takes place during the Christmas season.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #8
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Old 12-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #9
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
No love for It's a Wonderful Life? That's the one I have to watch every year.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:30 PM   #10
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

I always have mixed reactions to It's a Wonderful Life. On one hand it is a celebration of the worth of friends and family and ends with a life is good and a good person will be rewarded in the end message. On the other hand in the end evil banker Mr. Potter gets to keep the money that he has stolen. Realistic I guess.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas on the other hand . . . It has The Grinch. It has Whoville. It has narration by Boris Karloff. A real classic.

http://vimeo.com/56293226
Old 12-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #11
BenG
Home Guard

I watched Christmas in Connecticut on Turner Classic Movies this afternoon. Excellent Barbara Stanwyck movie about a single woman with an apartment in New York who writes a magazine column about being a Martha Stewart-ish housewife on a farm in Connecticut.
It all starts to unravel when her publisher invites himself and a returning war hero to celebrate Christmas at her home.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #12
BenG
Home Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I always have mixed reactions to It's a Wonderful Life. On one hand it is a celebration of the worth of friends and family and ends with a life is good and a good person will be rewarded in the end message. On the other hand in the end evil banker Mr. Potter gets to keep the money that he has stolen. Realistic I guess.
I liked the SNL ending.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81249131/
Old 12-22-2014, 01:55 AM   #13
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've watched this week the Christmas Carol movie starring Matthew Mcconaughey. I'm not sure of the title but it's something like the Girls of Christmas Past? It's entertaining. It definitely reminded me that I really need to read my Christmas Book Wishlist (I haven't read Christmas Carol at all)
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:04 AM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
My 2nd favorite Christmas movie

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:13 AM   #15
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
I'd never seen that. Well someone had to do it.