Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 07-26-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
mrtrain
mrtrain began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 2 kindle app
How to prevent Calibre setting a cover

Hi,

I'm saving a mobi file from Scrivener without a cover - Amazon request this is uploaded separately - then opening it in Calibre so I can add some css styles, then convert - mobi to mobi.

The problem is that Calibre seems to be setting the first image as the cover image immediately I open the book in Calibre - ie before conversion.

Opening the mobi file saved from Scrivener has no cover image, the one created from Calibre has the first image.

How can I prevent calibre from insisting on setting a front cover?

Cheers.
mrtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In the editor go to Preferences->Calibre integration and disable update metadata. Or remove the cover from the book record in calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2014, 05:05 AM   #3
mrtrain

Hi,

OK The second option worked, I removed the image from the meta data. Should have thought of trying that, sorry :-)

Didn't see the option for Calibre Integration in the preferences.

Lots of thanks :-)
Old 07-27-2014, 11:40 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtrain View Post
Hi,

OK The second option worked, I removed the image from the meta data. Should have thought of trying that, sorry :-)

Didn't see the option for Calibre Integration in the preferences.

Lots of thanks :-)
Integration (preferences) is accessed from within the Editor.
Edit: Preferences (it is at the bottom)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:14 AM   #5
mrtrain

Hmm, still don't see it.

Available categories of preferences [ menu: Calibre-->Preferences ] are: Interface, Conversion, Import/Export, Sharing and Advanced.

I see no mention of Integration.
Advert
Old 07-30-2014, 11:17 AM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Hmm, still don't see it.

Available categories of preferences [ menu: Calibre-->Preferences ] are: Interface, Conversion, Import/Export, Sharing and Advanced.

You are looking at Preferences with the Editor itself I hope? (Edit | Preferences)
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:59 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Hmm, still don't see it.

That menu is available INSIDE the editor, not from the Main Calibre Preferences
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:06 PM   #8
mrtrain

Hi, Sorry, I don't know what INSIDE the editor means. Inside the metadata editor?

Or is it the Edit Book button?

I'm in the wrong format for that to work apparently, mine is old mobi not AZW3. But is that what you mean by inside the editor?

Last edited by mrtrain; 07-31-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:47 PM   #9
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Guess, there is am mix-up of different situations.

What they are talking about with Editor means, if you open a book with the Calibre-Editor, there is a own set of preferences. You can open this with [ctrl+p] within the Editor. See attached picture.

But this won't help you with a mobi file. Mobi is not supported in calibre Book-Editor only EPUB and AZW3 are supported.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufzeichnen.JPG
Views:	332
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	126200  

Last edited by Divingduck; 07-31-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, kindle, mobi