Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
reposed
reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Angry Screen savers do not show up on K4 NT

I just unsubscribed from Special Offers on my Kindle. I would assume the default screen savers would then be displayed when the device goes to sleep. But my screen is blank. I reseted my Kindle to factory defaults and that didn't work either. How can I fix this? Is there a way to completely restore the device?
reposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I'd get in touch with Kindle Customer Service. I recall other people having similar problems after unsubscribing which CS was able to resolve.

If you are in the US:

Amazon Kindle customer service (1-866-321-8851)
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
reposed
reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.reposed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I'd get in touch with Kindle Customer Service. I recall other people having similar problems after unsubscribing which CS was able to resolve.

If you are in the US:

Amazon Kindle customer service (1-866-321-8851)

Called them up. They were no help. They said it was because my device was derigstered. The only reason that's the case is because I factory reset it and didn't log back in to see if they show up then. So I tried it anyway and yeah it didn't work. Still a blank screen. She says the device shouldn't show anything because I took that feature away when I unsubscribed from the SO. That doesn't make any sense. I just want my wallpapers back. It's why I unsubscribed in the first place!
Old 03-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Call again and talk to someone else.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #5
reposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Call again and talk to someone else.
So I stumped their technical support. They couldn't help me. They're sending me out a replacement unit.
Advert